Hi! Looking for advice!

It's definitely time to get healthier for me. Unfortunately - I'm pretty much dedicated to work from 5am-8pm leaving little to no time for exercise. I'm looking for more meal advice than anything. I'm currently 5'10 and somewhere between 170-180. I've got my first super fancy work party around Christmas and I'd like to be at least a dress size or two smaller. Any advice for a somewhat-picky vegetarian with little time ??? I try to do all my food tracking but I always seem to be off on macros!
Thankyou in advance!

Replies

• tuesdayninja
    tuesdayninja Posts: 6 Member
    Also, is the premium account on here worth it???
  • m3chelle
    m3chelle Posts: 4 Member
    Let me know if Someone answers re the premium account too as I'm not sure if it is or not x
  • ozgurvh
    ozgurvh Posts: 182 Member
    Hi there, I don't recommend only changing diet, you should put some exercise as well. You can start with some little changes, like use stairs more, try to walk more even for business hours. So for food, write down what you eat daily and review it end of day. Avoid prossed food and snacks. Dangerous time is evening for gain weight. I can give more advice if you interested in:)
  • try_harderG
    try_harderG Posts: 626 Member
    I agree with above comments. Drink more water,.have some snacks available like Carrott sticks, grapes to eat between your meals. Prepare your food to take to work and don't buy it this will stop temptation.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    edited October 2015
    I found that macros came with time. Starting out, it can be enough to think about weighing and logging and staying at a deficit. You have a lot on your plate, so to speak, so don't worry too much. Personally I wouldnt commit to paying for a premium account until you're really comfortable with mfp in general.

What do your macros typically look like at the end of the day?

• crackoff99
    crackoff99 Posts: 5 Member
    5am to 8pm ?, I would say find a new job,leaves no time to take care of yourself. I reluctantly took a promotion and gained 100 lbs in a year and needless to say I don't work there anymore, sometimes it is just not worth it.]

• Rado_SVK
    Rado_SVK Posts: 442 Member
    To answer the question about Premium account,its only worth to people who are taking it seriously..I mean I was absolutely fine with normal account for almost 4 years..but now my goals are being raised.Training for competition and premium features such as calorie settings for each day separately is definitely essential.due to diet rules such as carb cycling...one awesome non essential premium feature though is getting rid of those annoying adds :)
  • PhatCowness
    PhatCowness Posts: 16 Member
    I purposely put sedentary for my starting body type, knowing it would restrict my calories and knowing full well I bike like 60 miles a week. Then, I follow the nutrients portion of the food and try to balance my food intake so the bars all stay even. I don't worry about eating apple pie, or butter, or Pringles, or going over on vitamins. I just try to keep the calorie count below the allotted number, and the bars even. Of course, that apple pie needs lots of broccoli to balance, but that's what we are here to do! And then, to top it off, if I go over, I just go out and exercise more. The hard part is the battle with my metabolism and keeping the fire turned on. This is why, like you, I'm on the forum now. You can do it! You just have to tell yourself you will and then make it happen! Only you can truly do it, so go out there and grab it! It's waiting for you!
  • PhatCowness
    PhatCowness Posts: 16 Member
    crackoff99 wrote: »
    5am to 8pm ?, I would say find a new job,leaves no time to take care of yourself. I reluctantly took a promotion and gained 100 lbs in a year and needless to say I don't work there anymore, sometimes it is just not worth it.]

I agree
  • tuesdayninja
    crackoff99 wrote: »

I agree

Honestly I love my job and I make amazing $$$ so I'll never leave haha. 5-6am to get ready, 6-7:15 to get there. Work until 6 normally, then about an hour and a half of traffic on the way home. It's LA so the commute isn't really optional.... I am planning on moving around the beginning of the year though. But I'm looking to do everything I can to take care of myself just until that moving point.
  • tuesdayninja
    I purposely put sedentary for my starting body type, knowing it would restrict my calories and knowing full well I bike like 60 miles a week. Then, I follow the nutrients portion of the food and try to balance my food intake so the bars all stay even. I don't worry about eating apple pie, or butter, or Pringles, or going over on vitamins. I just try to keep the calorie count below the allotted number, and the bars even. Of course, that apple pie needs lots of broccoli to balance, but that's what we are here to do! And then, to top it off, if I go over, I just go out and exercise more. The hard part is the battle with my metabolism and keeping the fire turned on. This is why, like you, I'm on the forum now. You can do it! You just have to tell yourself you will and then make it happen! Only you can truly do it, so go out there and grab it! It's waiting for you!

This is great! Thank you so much! I do my best to stay as active as possible on the weekends so keeping it set to sedentary is a great idea!
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    It can be difficult, but get some 5 or 10 pound weights and lift for 10 or 15 minutes in the morning or when you get home from work and you are microwaving/cooking/whatever. Or get up 15 minutes earlier and go for a mile run in the morning to jump start metabolism. Take your lunch hour or lunch half hour and go for a walk. Those work hours suck, but you can make time, if you want to.
  • tuesdayninja
    It can be difficult, but get some 5 or 10 pound weights and lift for 10 or 15 minutes in the morning or when you get home from work and you are microwaving/cooking/whatever. Or get up 15 minutes earlier and go for a mile run in the morning to jump start metabolism. Take your lunch hour or lunch half hour and go for a walk. Those work hours suck, but you can make time, if you want to.

Thank you! It's the little things like that that I forget I can squeeze in... i definitely can pick up some weights and go walking during lunch!
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    I'm there with ya. I work from 8-6 every day. I have loved the 21 day fix. You meal prep and workout for 30 min and it has been good for me. I also got a fit bit to track my steps and it keeps me moving throughout the day. If you want it bad enough, you will do it. I always make time- even when I am exhausted at night. Feel free to add me