In need of tips....?

iona_ellen
iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
edited October 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,
I am really bad when it comes to snacking. Actually instead of snacking, I am more of a grazer. I forage constantly anyone have any top tips? I do constantly do things during day and evenings but i always manage to eat and eat. I have also found a new interest in cooking and baking :neutral: not very helpful but great fun. Any advice/tips?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    You might try prelogging. You could set aside some calories for snacks and strive to eat only that much.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Just work your snacks into your calories if you can. Find things that keep you full (protein, fat and fibre are good for that). And drink lots of water! It can help you stay full.
  • iona_ellen
    iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
    Just work your snacks into your calories if you can. Find things that keep you full (protein, fat and fibre are good for that). And drink lots of water! It can help you stay full.
    I dont recognise when im full until i feel physically sick :/! X
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    iona_ellen wrote: »
    I dont recognise when im full until i feel physically sick :/! X

Things like more water and higher protein should at least help you feel less hungry.

And if you really need to eat, just eat a whole plate of broccoli. It'll be a tonne of food for not very many calories :P
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Prelog, and keep yourself busy with hobbies/activities that keep you out of the kitchen.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    I'd definitely suggest pre-logging your days the evening before.
    Work your snacks into your allowance but by pre-logging, it's controlled and you'll know that you aren't going overboard. This is all trial and error - you can do this.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Making changes to your snacks like including nuts, fruit, chopped carrots/celery/cucumber is a good start and also if you aren't realising you are full I'd include a glass of water before every time you want to snack because that will fill up your stomach.. :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    I graze, too. Lots of little meals is just how I prefer to eat. I think that doing things the way we like best is the easiest way to go and is something that can stick and be continued when we are done losing.

If you like grazing, maybe you could try doing it with healthy, low-cal stuff. Some edamame, roasted and cooled, is about as close to nuts as I can get without actually eating nuts. Blueberries are like one calorie each.

If I want to eat kind of non-stop, hand-to-mouth (like you do with popcorn at the movies) I'll use shredded lettuce, maybe dipping it in salsa. Regular popcorn would work well, too, if you like it.

Find the way that you like and then make it work for you in a healthy way. That's my advice. :)