Alternatives to Hardboiled Eggs

Options
I've been packing Hardboiled eggs everyday and was wondering what's a good alternative?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    In what way? Portability? Protein? Calorie content?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Have you tried poached or scrambled?
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Seriously dude, what's wrong with eggs? 90 calories each, easy to make, easy to carry.

Are you just burnt out?

Why haven't you filled out your profile or made your food diary public?
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Ha @tincanonastring I was going to say the same thing.

Seriously though, depends on what you are going for. I needed protien in my lunch today so I added an oz of Havarti with some turkey pepperoni to go along with my soup and broccoli and hummus. That has 15g of protien between the two. If you want a ton of protein try cottage cheese or greek yogurt.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    desweds wrote: »
    Seriously dude, what's wrong with eggs? 90 calories each, easy to make, easy to carry.

Are you just burnt out?

Maybe he doesn't want to, his choice.

If it's the protein you're looking for, sometimes I just pack turkey on a wrap or chicken sausage. Sometimes I just want oatmeal, and I make up for my lack of protein later. I have learned to eat all kinds of foods for breakfast (not just breakfast foods)

• joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options

Are you just burnt out?

If it's the protein you're looking for, sometimes I just pack turkey on a wrap or chicken sausage. Sometimes I just want oatmeal, and I make up for my lack of protein later. I have learned to eat all kinds of foods for breakfast (not just breakfast foods)

I keep my diary private because it's usually not relevant to any questions I ask and people have a tendency to check out the diary to answer my question.

I was just wondering what other foods I could replace with my Hardboiled eggs (nutritional wise) because I'm bored of eating them everyday. Simple answer.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Literally any other food. Anything besides eggs would be an alternative for eggs.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Are you just burnt out?

I keep my diary private because it's usually not relevant to any questions I ask and people have a tendency to check out the diary to answer my question.

I was just wondering what other foods I could replace with my Hardboiled eggs (nutritional wise) because I'm bored of eating them everyday. Simple answer.

Greek yogurt

Beef jerky

Handful of nuts

Assuming protein is goal
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    A few higher protein options that are easy to pack are canned/pouch tuna, cottage cheese, and yogurt. Greek style yogurt usually has the highest protein but there are not greek yogurts that are pretty good protein-wise too.
  • joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Are you just burnt out?

Greek yogurt

Beef jerky

Handful of nuts

Assuming protein is goal

Trail mix? And yeag I eat soup for dinner so I use eggs for protein.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I am currently eating 3 oz chicken breast chunks out of a sandwich bag.
    Chicken breasts

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Are you just burnt out?

If you are not vegetarian, meat seems the simple answer.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Are you just burnt out?

other food.

that's about it.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I bring hard boiled eggs or canned chicken or tuna to work and add them to my salad. Or sometimes I chop up some other meat left over from dinner. Having a little leftover steak makes for a yummy salad!

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If I remember right, you want to eat enough but healthier on a crazy shift schedule. And you are trying to eat a little more so you don't faint. So you need portable nutrient dense foods. Try a protein bar, beef jerky, cheese sticks.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    If I remember right, you want to eat enough but healthier on a crazy shift schedule. And you are trying to eat a little more so you don't faint. So you need portable nutrient dense foods. Try a protein bar, beef jerky, cheese sticks.

Plus eats VLCD
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Tin tuna, poached chicken breast, jerky, nuts, cottage cheese, Greek yoghurt, chia pudding, cheese sticks. You could also put some mustard or mayo on the eggs to change the taste up.