Getting back to good nutrition, exercise and health.

Options
It took me two years to lose almost 60lbs. Since then I have gained back 46 of those pounds. I have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes as well as cholesterol and other things in the high range on my blood work. I am also a heart patient. I've decided it's time to get back to reality and do what I need to do so I'm here for my family whom I love very much. So I need encouragement and help from anyone that is interested. I'm so proud of everyone who is working hard to accomplish their goals. I hope to there right beside you all.

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You can do it. :)
  • fitgranny56
    fitgranny56 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks I hope so. I like to eat and not always healthy. A lot of habits to break. Just not going to starve myself this time.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I had very similar blood work to your own a few years ago. My diabetes is now in remission, and I am no longer on meds for blood pressure or cholesterol. Significant weight loss has literally transformed my life.

I suggest starting by getting used to measuring and logging all your meals.
  • fitgranny56
    Options
    I'm doing that. You're right. When I lost all that weight six years ago my numbers were great. I know how to do it, just have to stay motivated.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    How about a daily walking goal? I find fitness goals to be personally more motivating. Two years ago I entered my first charity walk. By winter I was bored of walking and took a running class. This summer was filled with running events, and I've booked my first Resolution Run, December 31 (get it?).

Exercise is not needed for weight loss. You must eat at a deficit to lose weight. But I find fitness goals to be personally more motivating. I'm not doing this to achieve a beach body.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I log on here every day. I'm very busy but it's the one thing that helps me regain my focus- reading other peoples' stories, failures and successes. It sounds strange but I regain lost drive by reading about and helping other people regain their focus.
  • fitgranny56
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • fitgranny56
    Options
    On to day two. Feel good about sticking with it yesterday.