Night nauseas

Options
I always go to bed really late, about 2-4am. And when in on weight los diets i try not to eat after dinner (8-10pm) and sometimes i get nauseous. Has this happend to someone? Or this ain't normal?

Replies

• VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry. As long as you are within your calorie goals, it doesn't really matter when you eat. If you need a late night snack, then prelog it, so you know you have room for it.

Anyhow, I get naseous when I get extremely hungry too. It goes away after a cracker or two. This usually only happens in the mornings though, and very rarely.
  • trini225
    trini225 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Ill do that!
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I always save some cals for a late-night snack. It's not unusual for me to sleep a few hours, then get up with a refreshed mind - and a snack - to work on the computer into the wee hours.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry. As long as you are within your calorie goals, it doesn't really matter when you eat. If you need a late night snack, then prelog it, so you know you have room for it.

Anyhow, I get naseous when I get extremely hungry too. It goes away after a cracker or two. This usually only happens in the mornings though, and very rarely.

Yep. For me, something dry, bland and salty works best. Fat free Saltines (more bland and more crispy than the regular) are my go-to.
  • spiritlevel9
    spiritlevel9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I generally have some oatcakes not long before bed. I get acid reflux which can cause nausea. Eating dryish biscuits help.
  • miteyme
    miteyme Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Think thats what happened to me this afternoon after eating a late, fast and too small lunch. By the end of the day I was 200cal over planned, due to the snacks. And my head aches vaguely too. Yes its hard.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No, unexplained nausea isn't normal. See a doctor about that.

If a little something to eat will help, have something. Just save a few calories for it.

Many people find that ginger ale (or a few crackers...or both) helps when they feel nauseated.