kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    karaceason wrote: »
    No it's 2100, I've got 1200 to go . And I FEEL SICK

Did you eat the first 900 very quickly?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Try ramping up slower. Rather than going from zero to a hundred in one day, try adding 200 calories per day to your current routine. Next week, you can add another 200.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Sweetie. Going from 700 to 2500 is like trying to fly a jumbo jet after your first single engine Cessna lesson. Give your body some time to adapt. You've got to 1000 so far today. Get in 200 more and count your day as a success.

Diabetics must eat on a schedule and after a while it becomes routine. If you plan to eat every couple hours, even small snacks, you can slowly adapt to eating more and becoming reacquainted with your hunger signals. Having snacks on hand like nuts and hiker's mix can help a lot. Have protein bars or something similar in your purse and in your glove box. Always having something on hand will remind you to eat often.
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 lol omg yall I'm going to be a blimp after today .ive never ate this much this frequent since I was pregnant lol . I'm so full I'm miserable and I still have 1500 calories to go today .jesus lord

I promise you wont be a blimp! Try some ice cream ...its easy to eat and get calories from it even when youre full!
  • karaceason
    karaceason Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah yall are right I am trying to get there way to fast and yes I ate like a freaking starving jungle child in 1 hour and now I'm miserable lol .i have never felt this full in my life . But honestly I can feel a difference in my stomach it's so full I can't feel my bones which ROCKS . I already feel thick and fabulous LOL
  • TravisDarling
    TravisDarling Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm gaining weight to, load up on your breakfast in calories, protein and carbs. Chicken, eggs, turkey sausage or oatmeal and bananas! For me I eat 3 eggs and 8oz of turkey sausage and I have gained 3 pounds consistently. Lots of protein.
  • LouPalumbo
    LouPalumbo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good Luck...ur beautiful
  • LouPalumbo
    LouPalumbo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No ,I don't know where to go or what to do other than eat a lot . I've went to Drs but they never do anything really . I'm not scared of getting big I want to so I don't think I have a problem that way I just find myself only eating 700 calories a day , and will go days doing this , and I smoke ,stress makes me smoke a lot more than normal which also doesn't help
    Would love to stop smoking myself
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yeah yall are right I am trying to get there way to fast and yes I ate like a freaking starving jungle child in 1 hour and now I'm miserable lol .i have never felt this full in my life . But honestly I can feel a difference in my stomach it's so full I can't feel my bones which ROCKS . I already feel thick and fabulous LOL

LoL Fantastic! Get used to that feeling. That's where I found the whole milk helped. I find drinking my calories easier, you feel a bit bloated for a wee while after drinking a pint of milk but it only lasts ten minutes or so and you feel normal again. 10 minutes of heaviness = 370 calories :smiley:
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Sweetie. Going from 700 to 2500 is like trying to fly a jumbo jet after your first single engine Cessna lesson. Give your body some time to adapt. You've got to 1000 so far today. Get in 200 more and count your day as a success.

Diabetics must eat on a schedule and after a while it becomes routine. If you plan to eat every couple hours, even small snacks, you can slowly adapt to eating more and becoming reacquainted with your hunger signals. Having snacks on hand like nuts and hiker's mix can help a lot. Have protein bars or something similar in your purse and in your glove box. Always having something on hand will remind you to eat often.

Seconding this.
    It is okay not getting to 2500 the first day, or even the first week. Just try fo a little more each day.
    KeepGood wrote: »

LoL Fantastic! Get used to that feeling. That's where I found the whole milk helped. I find drinking my calories easier, you feel a bit bloated for a wee while after drinking a pint of milk but it only lasts ten minutes or so and you feel normal again. 10 minutes of heaviness = 370 calories :smiley:

Also seconding this. Drink calories is much easier than eating them. Drinking a couple glasses of whole milk over the day can add a lot of calories.
    Also, normal sodas can help too.

What also helps is not buying any diet or low fat products. Just go for regurlar and whole options.
  • karaceason
    Options
    Yall I'm already at 959 calories by 12 pm !!!!! Lol and it's way easier today than it was yesterday ! Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragement !! I'm feeling great today gzlnas55duba.jpg
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Sounds like a very good second day. You've got this!
  • Vcorz
    Options
    It will keep getting easier to eat each day as long as you keep eating! Gotta keep your body used to eating and wanting food, and your stomach able to hold it!
  • karaceason
    Options
    I am WOMAN hear me roar Hahahahahaha, let me get my hands on some cheese cake it's game over!
  • Vcorz
    Options
    That's the spirit! Youll notice a difference soon! :)
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest trying to drink your calories, as a few people above have. Juice will add some calories and won't fill you up.
  • tallen8212
    tallen8212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of gradually increasing your calorie intake.
  • karaceason
    Options
    Dr pepper has been a good splice for those extra few I can't handle . Deft excited I just bought a blender
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Have there been any foods that you really loved the flavour/texture? You might try a mindfulness exercise where you eat it very slowly and absorb yourself fully in the experience. This will anchor the memory and help you anticipate eating it again.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Have there been any foods that you really loved the flavour/texture? You might try a mindfulness exercise where you eat it very slowly and absorb yourself fully in the experience. This will anchor the memory and help you anticipate eating it again.

This is a great idea for everyone, not just OP. I like to teach my kid about savoring food and experimenting with flavors. We get really good cheese and eat it with fruit, talking about how it tastes and feels, how the taste changes when you eat the cheese with a grape versus an apple. It helps him practice his vocabulary and self-expression plus we get to eat good cheese! Win-win!