Sex and excersize

Options
Since sex actually burns calories and is a form of exercise it should be an exercise listed. Does anyone know how many calories it burns ?

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it... just think of it as a bonus. The calorie burn could vary widely based on time and effort.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    It's considered part of your daily activities. This topic comes up all the time and the general consensus is the calories burned are negligible.
  • FeelStrongBeStrong
    Options
    It would depend on intensity / duration.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Sex is not a form of exercise. It is a lifestyle activity, just like walking to your mailbox or carrying laundry upstairs.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Normally it would be included in your daily activity level.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    IT's like 100 calories.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Sex is not a form of exercise. It is a lifestyle activity, just like walking to your mailbox or carrying laundry upstairs.

#doingitwrong

I'm totally kidding. No creepy PMs please.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    If you are getting it every day, it's a moot point. No need to count it.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    IT's like 100 calories.

That must be some vigorous sex. For me it's around 2.5 calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Nope, No, No. Sex should not be logged as exercise. That's just as meaningless as the people who log normal housework or doing the dishes as exercise :huh: It's just clutching at straws...
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I think I'll start a chocolate and sex diet fad. I feel like this will be a huge success! And I'll say, "I'm not just the founder of sex and chocolate, I'm also a member"
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Not to impune your comment, but this reminds me of when my trainer told me not to log mowing my lawn as exercise, because I have an electric lawn mower...I STILL come in sopping wet after 30 minutes pushing that thing around the yard. Phooey! I log it.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I think I'll start a chocolate and sex diet fad. I feel like this will be a huge success! And I'll say, "I'm not just the founder of sex and chocolate, I'm also a member"

I await further details, THIS is a fad diet relevant to my interests.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

#doingitwrong

Risky post lol
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Not to impune your comment, but this reminds me of when my trainer told me not to log mowing my lawn as exercise, because I have an electric lawn mower...I STILL come in sopping wet after 30 minutes pushing that thing around the yard. Phooey! I log it.

Feel free to log whatever you want. The fact remains that sex is included in your NEAT calories, which means it's part of your base calorie goal. Even when it makes you sweat.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

#doingitwrong

How do we log it in seconds?!? And yeah, no creepy PM's you sick oh's.
  • CardiLuxe
    CardiLuxe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I looked this up. Apparently not alot.
    But they probably fell victim to the life of a square.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    one of these days i'll get around to wearing my hrm and measuring, but my fitbit said it was around 70 cals for 15 min when it was attached to my boxers. i would call the activity level "moderate" that time.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I'm on Fitocracy as well. Over there we tend to log it as "other cardio"... just be prepared for the knowing leers and jeers when you log it. :D
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I had someone on my friend's list log sex daily. It was creepy. I deleted her. I don't need to know how active your sex life is! (and I'm not sharing mine, TYVM!)