Eating back calories vs my Nutritionist's Goal

Options
2»

Replies

• annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    P.s - as I've just started with this MFP I need to clarify a similar issue. I have set myself the goal of 1lb per week. The calorie limit MFP has given is 1200 per day plus 4 days exercise at 30 mins. Am I correct in thinking I need to do both (eat 1200 cals + exercise x 4days)to lose 1lb and then any exercise above this is my option to eat? The site has confused me by adding even the basic 4 days calories to my calorie ttals on those days, so makes it look like I can eat those calories too. Hope this makes sense!!

No..the excercise uve entered. N ur settings does not make a difference, its just to help some people meet a certain goal each week...it is not calculated in to ur numbers at all.
  • jenny4994
    jenny4994 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks Eric thats helpful to know! Kind regards.
  • jenny4994
    jenny4994 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks Annacataldo thats good to know. cheers for that!
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I also say ask the nutritionist since they are the professional and the one that set you up with the 1200 calorie goal in the first place. They should be able to tell you if it is 1200 net or 1200 regardless of calories burned.

For me personally, I eat all or most of my exercise calories. My goal is set to lose 1lb per week and I have been hitting that consistently each week. But for me I place overall fitness above just weight loss. So I like to make sure I fuel my body for my intense workouts and make sure I have the necessary nutrients to aid my recovery so I can hit the gym hard the next day.