Is two servings of bread ok

Options
I had a slice of toast for breakfast is it ok if I have a subway sandwich for lunch or Is that too much bread ?

Replies

• jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    As long as you're under your limit. I don't see anything wrong.
  • Racheldasilva174
    Racheldasilva174 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    OMG! You might need to call 911.
    Your sarcasm is appreciated
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Some days, 50% of my calories are made up of carbs. It's all good.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Are you over your calories?
    Is there any reason to limit carbs?

If both are no, no reason not to eat the bread.

I am Dutch, our breakfast and lunch usually consists of bread. Every day..
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I had a slice of toast for breakfast is it ok if I have a subway sandwich for lunch or Is that too much bread ?

Why exactly do you think that is, or could be, problematic?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Love carbs, they are not the enemy. Too many calories are :) if you are trying to lose weight.
  • LloydGK
    LloydGK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Love carbs, they are not the enemy. Too many calories are :) if you are trying to lose weight.

What she said...
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it be OK?
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

100% agree on this. Eat the bread if it fits your allowance.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Nope, you are fine...

• CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options

I am assuming you don't track your macros. There isn't anything wrong with bread or carbs.. Just plan out your macros and stick with it. There isn't any way to really know what you are doing by counting "servings" It's all down to grams of protein, carbs, and fat which equal your calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Too much for what?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    someone goes around spreading information that rice, pasta and bread, esp god forbid white bread is forbidden if you lose weight. My friend gave me this advice if i wanted to successfully lose weight.
    if i had taken this advice i would have given up straight away

eat the bread, just fit it in to your daily intake.
    good luck
  • pinkteapot3
    pinkteapot3 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said. Total calories are what matters.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options

I am assuming you don't track your macros. There isn't anything wrong with bread or carbs.. Just plan out your macros and stick with it. There isn't any way to really know what you are doing by counting "servings" It's all down to grams of protein, carbs, and fat which equal your calories.

I don't track very closely, but I do like to try to keep my breakfast & lunch balanced with carbs, protein & fat. For example: Today I had fruit & cottage cheese for breakfast because I brought a sandwich for lunch. If I were to bring a salad for lunch I would maybe bring an English Muffin w/ PB&J for breakfast. Then dinner can be a balance of whatever.

But there are times when I have this reaction too.

Like when the boss brings in bagels and I go "Ooooh bagels," followed by, "Oh poop, but I have a sandwich for lunch". And then eat one anyway. (Or even worse when I get home and remember we have stuffed shells leftover for dinner...)

Sometimes I re-evaluate dinner, but sometimes I just say, "Welp, fudge it." Because days like that happen, and yes it's fine.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Two servings of bread a day? I try and get a carb in at every meal. I'm sure you'll be fine. You do have the option at Subway to have your sandwich meat served on a bed of salad instead.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options

+1
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    It's killing your thyroid....