When you are too tired to eat...

Options
2»

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If I'm too tired to cook, I'll have a sandwich, an apple, a heard-boiled egg, some tuna on a rice cake...something easy.

Or dumb some veggies into a pot, rub a little oil, sprinkle some sort of spice on them and pop the whole mess in the oven to roast.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    MiSo_SeXy wrote: »
    Do any of you guys do meal replacement shakes Or protein shakes?

Ok maybe not just too tired to eat but don't feel like putting something together for a meal..

Sure, when I'm not hungry enough for a full breakfast or don't feel like cooking I will start with protein powder, add fat and fruit, sometimes chia seeds and or flax seeds, and have 250 - 400 calories available as needed. Sometimes it takes me over an hour to finish it.
  • RCnFinntastic
    RCnFinntastic Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    after long days I'm kind of lazy about eating in the evening too... I usually cook in large batches and pre-portion stuff into single servings. what I'm not going to eat in a couple days I toss in the freezer. means I have a good variety of yummy/healthy meals that just need to be heated.
    or if I'm super lazy... hard boiled egg... or greek yogurt with chia/nut mix. I also eat lots during the day when I'm hungry knowing "dinner" doesn't always happen... I often just have a couple snacks one between work and training and another when I'm done training
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    This happens to me sometimes, but usually only at night. My body just shuts down when I'm too tired and I just end up going to sleep. But it will usually make up for it the next day by feeling extra hungry.
  • kailyw05
    kailyw05 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This never happens to me either.

However, I keep frozen, grilled chicken breast strips and a bag of frozen vegetables in the freezer at all times for the rare occasion where I don't feel like cooking. I either throw them all in a bowl and microwave with some tomato sauce, or I'll thaw them in a pan with oil and throw some seasoning in there. Takes 5 minutes. Also, a fried egg on a toasted english muffin with cheese is pretty filling, or an omelette with the above mentioned frozen vegetables and shredded cheese.

I eat about 700-800 calories while at work (desk job), then dinner, dessert, and tv snacks are when I eat the remaining 1000 calories (I also exercise at night). Therefore I am always hungry and itching to get moving when I get home from work.

I suggest keeping quick and easy things available all the time so it's not so easy to skip meals.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Not an advocate of frozen packaged meals, but when I'm too tired to prep ANYTHING is when it's time for a Lean Cuisine.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    On occasion. I'm more likely to whip up a quick omelet or maybe some oatmeal with berries or have some leftovers (a sandwich would be good too--I just never have bread in the house). Having a go-to quick and easy meal in your repertoire or on hand isn't a bad idea.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll have an egg on an English muffin if I don't feel like more cooking. (Scrambled eggs takes me a long time because of all the veggies I put in them.)
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    These are all great suggestions! Thank you
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I just drink an Ensure when I'm too tired to eat. Before I had braces I would keep protein bars around for this instead.
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've never been too tired to eat.

I used to feel this way too... But lately I've been struggling.

How much (as in how many calories) are you currently eating?

1490. I pre log my meals before so that i stay on track and i used to be pretty good about it... But lately it's been hard to want to eat at night so i end up deleting what I havent consumed
    Make your meals for the week in advance on sundays.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Do any of you guys do meal replacement shakes Or protein shakes?

Ok maybe not just too tired to eat but don't feel like putting something together for a meal..

I've never been too tired to eat something unless I was sick.
    If I don't want to cook there are always some low prep foods on hand like yogurt, cereal, sandwich stuff, fruit, frozen burritos, frozen pizza, leftovers, milk, toast, canned soup, trail mix, cheese, carrots, salad. I don't do meal replacement shakes.
    I might pair things together like peanut butter and banana, yogurt with some fruit, frozen burrito and salad.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Struggling is often a sign of over-restriction (too few calories).

I've been too tired to eat while not on a diet. Sometimes it's other parts of your lifestyle. I'm a teacher with a mini farm.

When I am really hungry but just can't do anything, at the worst it's a couple spoonfuls of something high calorie, like nut butter, or a cheese stick. If I have a little more strength it's a frozen meal (either frozen by me, or purchased), or a boxed pasta that I add some frozen veggies to.