What are your "go to" healthy desserts?

Options

Replies

• BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    amillenium wrote: »
    I want to try protein fluff it sounds right up my alley :) I am really hot on Halo Top Ice Cream right now. My kids like breyer's mint chip and a 1/2 cup portion just doesn't work for me.

So easy to make -- I added PB2 to mine as well :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Food.
    Eating anything that isn't food could be unhealthy.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Recipe for "protein fluff" you ladies are talking about! Would love to try! I have a sweet tooth too...Mine is microwaved peanut butter with a dallop of icecream...I usually clock it around 400 calories, but for me it's worth EVERY SINGLE ONE!
  • BLifts38
    Options
    Recipe for "protein fluff" you ladies are talking about! Would love to try! I have a sweet tooth too...Mine is microwaved peanut butter with a dallop of icecream...I usually clock it around 400 calories, but for me it's worth EVERY SINGLE ONE!

I used 1/2 scoop whey
    1/2 cup of skim milk (it called for whole milk, though)
    1/4 tsp of xantham gum (I think the more you use, the more "fluffier" it'll be. I stuck with the 1/4 tsp and mine wasn't really all that fluffy)
    1 cup of mixed berries

I didn't find mine to be all that sweet, so I added 2 packets of Stevia and 1 TBSP of PB2!

Absolutely delish and the macros were 185 calories/2 grams fat/20 grams carbs/18 grams protein

hope you enjoy :)
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yasso frozen yogurt bars. 100 calories per bar (the bars aren't tiny either) and positively delicious. No flavor sacrificed for calories.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I buy frozen slices apples and I nuke them and then add some extra low fat cool whip, pumpkin pie spice on top. I like the frozen because they're more economical and you don't have to cook them to be mushy ($3.00 for a bag at wal-mart).;

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Klondike is my favorite desert but if I need more volume, I do 150g of grapes, 150 grams of berries or a banana and top with cool whip.
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Klondike is my favorite desert but if I need more volume, I do 150g of grapes, 150 grams of berries or a banana and top with cool whip.

your post reminded me about grapes.. try frozen grapes they taste soo good.
  • alittleglitter
    alittleglitter Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Melt a tablespoon of choc chips with a tablespoon of peanut butter and mix it with 100g non fat greek yogurt. So delicious!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Anything sweet that has 200 calories or less here.
  • BLifts38
    Options
    Melt a tablespoon of choc chips with a tablespoon of peanut butter and mix it with 100g non fat greek yogurt. So delicious!

MUST TRY THIS!! Thank you!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Grilled fruit drizzled with caramel or chocolate
    chocolate covered strawberries
    Peanut butter oatmeal flax cookies
    Fried apples with walnuts and maple syrup
    peanut butter mixed with maple syrup
    Wholemeal toast w butter and honey
    Cinnamon toast
    Cocoa dusted almonds
    Roasted pecans with brown sugar and cinnamon
    All kinds of things I whip up with fruit, oats and nuts
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Quest bar softened in the microwave. The double chocolate chunk and s'mores flavors are AMAZING when hot. Also try Trutein magic pudding, it's delicious.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    OR.....take a butter knife......place in full Jif containter.....slowly pull out. Get a plate and add Toll House semi sweet morsels on plate. Roll knife until covered with morsels. . . .eat. . . .log. . . .live.....love.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about dessert being healthy. I eat a balanced diet, make sure I get the nutrients and macros I am aiming for, and dessert is... dessert.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    kind bar (sea salt and caramel)
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Halo Top or Arctic Zero ice creams. Lower calories, higher protein and YUM!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Thowe92 wrote: »
    Frozen bananas sent through a food processor.

With half pumpkin...I do miss my yonanas!

I don't do pumpkin spice anything, but I do love the availability of pumpkin desserts this time of year!
  • shondaj70
    shondaj70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    kind bar (sea salt and caramel)

This!!^^ So satisfying, and replaced my love affair with Snickers candy bar! :)