Hospitalized!

Options
I was going strong on keeping track of everything until last week when I Ended Up IN The ER with appendicitis. I spent a full week in the hospital with very little food intake. Imagine my shock when I did get home expecting a dramatic weightloss to find I gained back 20lbs +5 that I had lost 6 weeks prior to this set back. I do not understand how that is possible. But apparently, when given IV fluids, you gain all this beautiful water weight. I am still in recovery, and hope I can bounce back into the commitment I had. However; when first being admitted, they thought it was my gallbladder because I was doing an Atkins diet. So knowing that the Atkins diet can cause a gallbladder attack, I may have to switch gears. I always had success with Atkins, and even though it ended up being appendicitis and I had to have may appendix removed, knowing Atkins could cause damage to my gallbladder and the pain that would entail, I will have to revise my strategy. But, let's get well first shall we?
This also has opened my eyes. I always thought once I got to my goal weight, I would definitely go for a tummy tuck and a boob lift. Abdominal surgery apparently is always going to be tough for me. My body produces too much scar tissue, so the dream of loving my body one day will never happen. It's too painful to recover from, so I now will have to have acceptance as to what hanging flesh I may have after I have achieved my goal. It's a bit depressing.

Replies

• mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well that sucks. Glad that you are doing better though and loving your body for what it is not what it could have been is the way to go. I have hanging skin and stretch marks but I can move and I am happy with that. For all other occasions that is what Spanx are for;)
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    youll pee out that water weight really quickly, I bet in 2 weeks you will lose all that weight and much more
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    youll pee out that water weight really quickly, I bet in 2 weeks you will lose all that weight and much more

Yah!

I find this guy to be so body-positive. I hope you find it as encouraging as I do.

http://youtu.be/CpKDteQ3FIQ
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are doing well! I too was hospitalized last week for sepsis and after being in pain level 12 for several days with no appetite I also came home to a bloated belly (from 27 to 32.5 inches) and about 10 pounds of something. A week later and my bloating has gone done and I actually have some weight loss (not logged yet). After losing almost 90 lbs I understand the desire to want that tummy tuck, prior to this journey my Dr. had already told me that I was not a candidate for any abdominal surgery (I've had several including an appendicitis and gall bladder removal), trust me the pros outweigh the cons in regards to losing weight and just being in better general health. Since I can't swim I have no issues not being able to every wear a bikini :)

Take care and I wish you a full speedy recovery.