Too much nut butter ??

Options
Curious for those of you who eat Nut Butters Pb, Almond butter, Sunflower butter ) on a regular do you ever eat more than the serving size which is 2 Tbs ? Is it bad that I sometimes will do 4 Tbs ? ( i do stay with my calories but seems very high in fat and calories for that amount

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of calories, but if it fits your calorie and macro goals it's fine. Are you weighing it on a food scale? Super important to weigh peanut butter.
  • sweetiepie781
    sweetiepie781 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I measure it with a tbs measuring spoon is it ok to measure that way ? And yes im within my calories but always feel guilty after doubling the serving
  • arditarose
    Options
    I measure it with a tbs measuring spoon is it ok to measure that way ? And yes im within my calories but always feel guilty after doubling the serving

You REALLY should weigh it if you are eating that much. Calories are by weight, and measuring cups and spoons are not accurate. Especially when you are dealing with something so calorie dense. You could be eating much more than you think.
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Curious for those of you who eat Nut Butters Pb, Almond butter, Sunflower butter ) on a regular do you ever eat more than the serving size which is 2 Tbs ? Is it bad that I sometimes will do 4 Tbs ? ( i do stay with my calories but seems very high in fat and calories for that amount

I agree with the other poster. Long as it fits cals and macros you're fine. I actually eat 4 tbsp of PB per bad quite often. I spread it on an English muffin, perfect post morning workout breakfast
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Step 1. Get a food scale. Step 2. Try not to cry when you see your 4tbsp in grams.
  • sweetiepie781
    Options
    Ok thank you now im scared to know what I really consumed!! but will measure it on my food scale next time
  • arditarose
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Step 1. Get a food scale. Step 2. Try not to cry when you see your 4tbsp in grams.

Do you have that video? There's one that's always posted here that I like better than the rest but I always forget to bookmark it.
  • sweetiepie781
    Options

LOL im getting my tissues ready !!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Ok thank you now im scared to know what I really consumed!! but will measure it on my food scale next time

Eh! You already enjoyed it so good for you lol. I can't have peanut butter in my apartment unfortunately.
  • sweetiepie781
    Options
    What video ?
  • arditarose
    Options
    There's a good video showing the importance of weighing food and I think peanut butter is the example they use.
  • sweetiepie781
    Options
    Yes I have a bit of an addiction to Pb and sunflower butter its VERY dangerous for me ( obviously )
  • sweetiepie781
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    There's a good video showing the importance of weighing food and I think peanut butter is the example they use.

Ok I will have to look for it
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I like living in denial about how much nut butter I'm really consuming. Ignorance is bliss.
  • sweetiepie781
    Options
    vegangela_ wrote: »
    I like living in denial about how much nut butter I'm really consuming. Ignorance is bliss.

:)
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    They DO have carbs, so too much stimulates appetite. Watch out. I limit to 1 tblspn/day of almond butter.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options

This.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Do you have that video? There's one that's always posted here that I like better than the rest but I always forget to bookmark it.

Found it, though I have no clue how to upload videos to MFP. I'm still trying to find the one that shows a side-by-side comparison of a day's worth of foods.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • sweetiepie781
    Options
    Thanks
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Of all things not to weigh, peanut butter is not it!