Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    discordany wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

But...you can't possibly be measure 130 something inches there. Are you using inches?

I understand you are concerned about the measurement. You don't think it's bloating..okay. It's just hard to help without knowing your intake, training, or even seeing a picture.

If you want to drop those pounds you gained back, just use the app :) You can enter to lose .5 lbs per week, log your food, and you'll be back where you were more comfortable. And who knows, maybe the tummy measurement will go back down. Two-five pounds can change my waist measurement for sure.

I'm curious why I couldn't measure that - what would be typical?
    And I'm not trying to be shady there. Like, I legit a curious, because I've often wondered if I'm doing something wrong while measuring. However, I also have justified it by saying "well, I'm doing the same thing wrong each time, so if the number changes, it still means I've (gone down/gone up)."

Because 130 inches is like 3.5 yards. I'm pretty sure you are not measuring over 3 yards. lol. What are you measuring with?
  • mymonica71
    mymonica71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    134 inches is 11 feet. The average man is around 72 inches tall.

Is it possible you mean 13.4 inches?

If you are a half inch bigger at the waist this week it's bloating or food. You don't gain half an inch of muscle in your core in a week. I try to make my core thicker and I'm lucky if I gain half an inch in 12 weeks. If you really are concerned about making your waist thicker don't do weighted side bends. They really aren't that great of an exercise anyway, but they are the typical culprit for a wide waist.

Stop measuring weekly, you'll drive yourself crazy. 4 weeks for a female is far more accurate since you'll measure at the same point in your cycle.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I I have no doubt it could be the workouts. If it feels like muscle and looks like muscle.... Hmm mm I watched a an interview with Jillian Michaels, she said she doesn't work her abs much because she stops having curves and becomes straight up and down if she does. If you are not in a deficit, and uou are working your muscles hard they will grow some.
  • stapark
    stapark Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    discordany wrote: »

I'm curious why I couldn't measure that - what would be typical?
    And I'm not trying to be shady there. Like, I legit a curious, because I've often wondered if I'm doing something wrong while measuring. However, I also have justified it by saying "well, I'm doing the same thing wrong each time, so if the number changes, it still means I've (gone down/gone up)."

Typical for your size might be 24-ish inches? So 130 inches is waay off. Maybe you're measuring in centimeters?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    If you are doing some really ab-focused strength training, and not eating in a deficit, it is possible to put on a little muscle in your core. However, i have to agree that your measurements are off. Somewhere between 24-32 inches would sound more correct.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I bet you accidentally put a 1 in front of the inches measurement!
  • discordany
    discordany Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I bet you accidentally put a 1 in front of the inches measurement!

Huh, so I swear I made a response yesterday that isn't appearing now, but yes, that's exactly what I did/ I've done it in my mind before. I don't know why I do that.
    I I have no doubt it could be the workouts. If it feels like muscle and looks like muscle.... Hmm mm I watched a an interview with Jillian Michaels, she said she doesn't work her abs much because she stops having curves and becomes straight up and down if she does. If you are not in a deficit, and uou are working your muscles hard they will grow some.

See, that's a good way of describing how I feel - that the curves I like are going way. Now, I don't know if that's a *thing*. A lot of people here say it isn't. But I also have a lot of faith in Jillian Michaels because I have literally gotten this far based on her stuff. So maybe I'll give cardio heavy workouts with the odd ab day a shot for a little bit, and if it doesn't work, I'll return to what I'm doing. I just won't get my hopes up in case.