What are your "go to" healthy desserts?

Options
13»

Replies

• Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thowe92 wrote: »
    Frozen bananas sent through a food processor.

With half pumpkin...I do miss my yonanas!

I don't do pumpkin spice anything, but I do love the availability of pumpkin desserts this time of year!

I don't think I've heard or thought of this idea. With my love of pumpkin I must try it!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Well, never could get into protein fluff (maybe I just need a better powder, the one I have is great as a shake). One other thing you can try is sugar-free meringue - which is basically just protein fluff anyhow, although it's typically lower calorie.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas sent through a food processor.

With half pumpkin...I do miss my yonanas!

I don't do pumpkin spice anything, but I do love the availability of pumpkin desserts this time of year!

I don't think I've heard or thought of this idea. With my love of pumpkin I must try it!

If you like the spice and all, you can either add it or get "pumpkin pie filling mix" which is just the pumpkin with the spices. As if that were the hard part of making a pie.
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have McCormick's Pumpkin Pie Spice and the spices necessary to make it as well. Yes, that includes allspice, the single most useful spice in the mixture that makes or breaks it. If I want to sweeten it up myself I'll just use whatever sweeteners I've got.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    wl0qhrgp6jw5.jpg

Artic zero topped with a mint chocolate chip quest bar!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    wl0qhrgp6jw5.jpg

Putting powdered peanut butter and some walden farms in mine tonight.

Yeah, that's right MFP, I eat Arctic Zero.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    wl0qhrgp6jw5.jpg

Haha I put cinnamon, cocoa powder, and a little drizzle of walden farms maple syrup on mine.....gotta spice it up a little lol ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    wl0qhrgp6jw5.jpg

Haha I put cinnamon, cocoa powder, and a little drizzle of walden farms maple syrup on mine.....gotta spice it up a little lol ;)

Oh yeah, always cocoa powder.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Banana "Nice" cream: 1-2 bananas frozen, 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1/4 cup almond milk. blend. I eat it pretty much every night.
  • alannacaveney
    alannacaveney Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to bananas, so I'm at a severe disadvantage when it comes to baking healthy and having smoothies etc. coz there's banana everywhere! I've found that coconut flour muffins as a base, and adding natural flavours is a lifesaver. I currently have apple and cinnamon ones in the pantry, and I'll have one or two of those. I also make my own protein "ice cream" made with almond milk, as the "health" ice creams I've found in this country are abysmal tasting! Using homemade applesauce as a sweetener in baking is a great replacement for refined sugars. If I'm in a rare mood and I'm craving chocolate, I allow myself a square or two of anything 75% and higher (super dark chocolate) - but I guess I'm lucky I enjoy that type, some don't :-)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    -Sorbet (Haagen Dazs is my favorite)
    -Light & fit vanilla Greek yogurt with fruit
    -Blue bunny sweet freedom ice cream is really good. Some are only 90 calories per serving, which is good because it means I can have multiple servings (who is just having a half cup of ice cream at a time? Get out of here.)
  • juelz915
    juelz915 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make my own dark chocolate oatmeal protein cookies. Or sometimes plain Greek yogurt with a little vanilla extract and stevia to taste and maybe I will add berries and or chopped nuts. I usually always have a bar of organic dark chocolate in the fridge and will eat a square or two right after a meal. If it's thanksgiving or someone's b-day, I will have pie or cake
  • juelz915
    juelz915 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Klondike is my favorite desert but if I need more volume, I do 150g of grapes, 150 grams of berries or a banana and top with cool whip.

your post reminded me about grapes.. try frozen grapes they taste soo good.

Frozen grapes are the best, my kids love them as well!
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Banana "ice cream" - two frozen bananas, 1 cup soy milk (or whatever milk you like), 1 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder, 1 tbsp honey. Blend until it's an ice cream consistency!
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana blended with a bit of cinnamon or nutmeg - beautiful!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Forte Gelato!
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas blended with a little milk and a little pb2... tastes just like a banana peanut butter milk shake!