Proceeded with my quest observation

Options
after running out of my stockpile of the original formula and being disgusted on the the cookie dough with new ingredients last week, I ventured to one of my top flavors last night as my pre bed snack: Double Chocolate Chunk........I am very sad. It literally was awful.):
protest or petition should be in the works for the old formula lol. Why would they do this? Cheaper for them or just longer lasting bars? Idk, but quest isn't the same):

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Look on the facebook page. They posted an "explanation" they say more healthy LOL yeah right... It was just to cut costs. Look at the facebook reviews and review them so their ratings drop more. They went from 4.9 stars to 4.2 in a few weeks.

I am so sad, I miss the old bars so much. I went around buying up every box of the old flavor I could find in stores around me hahah.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too, and didn't even know they had changed their recipe. The couple bars I've had lately are just not good and taste like every other protein bar now.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I've never had a quest bar :|
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I hate how they're putting sucralose in all of their new flavors. We want to get the new flavors in at work, but we don't sell anything with artificial sweeteners because of principle, so we're just stuck with a few of the old ones. :neutral:
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    The bars were found to actually spike insulin. I think they are trying to fix that.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I stopped buying quest bars several months ago as it was becoming too expensive... have they changed the recipe since then? Not as good?! nooooooo :s
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I stopped buying quest bars several months ago as it was becoming too expensive... have they changed the recipe since then? Not as good?! nooooooo :s

Yes they have): def not as good
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I finally tried the cookie dough flavor to see what all the fuss was about, and it was gross. Way too sweet in a fake, chemically way (and I love sweet stuff and fake sugar!). It left such a gross aftertaste. Never again :s
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Other than the taste being off, is there a way to tell if you've purchased the new formula?
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Other than the taste being off, is there a way to tell if you've purchased the new formula?

They switched from iso-olgisarrides to soluble corn fiber. They also are more firm and chalk-ier
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options

They switched from iso-olgisarrides to soluble corn fiber. They also are more firm and chalk-ier

I tried the chocolate chip cookie dough this weekend. I only eat half at a time so I had a quarter of one out of the wrapper and a quarter of one microwaved.

I didn't notice it was chalky but I did notice it was sweeter. And were there chocolate chunks in the original?

• pinggolfer96
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I tried the chocolate chip cookie dough this weekend. I only eat half at a time so I had a quarter of one out of the wrapper and a quarter of one microwaved.

I didn't notice it was chalky but I did notice it was sweeter. And were there chocolate chunks in the original?

Yes there were chocolate chunks in the original
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I just had one of their pumpkin spice or whatever it is. Besides it being a toxic orange looking color, it was freaking disgusting. Literally hard to eat. They're macros aren't as good anymore either.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    all quest bars taste like spackle you would patch dry wall with... I know how would I know this? well I don't but I can image that this is exactly what it would taste like.

Why in the heavens would any one buy these absolute awful, awful things.. i bet these things contain paint thinner or nail polish remover in them somewhere.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    all quest bars taste like spackle you would patch dry wall with... I know how would I know this? well I don't but I can image that this is exactly what it would taste like.

Why in the heavens would any one buy these absolute awful, awful things.. i bet these things contain paint thinner or nail polish remover in them somewhere.

You contain the wish for the ignore button. :)
    Yes there were chocolate chunks in the original

The chocolate chip cookie dough was my first (so therefore favorite) until the cookies n cream came out so I couldn't remember! :)

• aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Thank you. Turns out I do have the new recipe for the Cookie Dough. I hadn't eaten them in awhile, so I thought my taste buds had changed slightly. Nope, it's the new formula.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Could try making your own with Fiberyum (Tapioca IMO syrup) which is cheaper than VitaFiber which is corn based with your protein powder of choice....Just a thought!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I LOVED the CCCD. The reason I liked Quest compared to other protein bars was because the texture was so pleasing, now it's just as gummy as the others. It's just so disappointing. I think I'm giving up Quest bars for good. I always veered away from the Combat bars because of the calories, but I had one today and think I prefer them. I'll still be using the Quest protein powder and having the chips once in awhile.