30 day Shred ?

Options
I just started the 30 day shred and have a question on how do you log this for exercise and how do you know how many calories you are burning?

Any help appreciated and if anyone wants to join me send me an add and say shred :)

Replies

• ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    I personally "created" an exercise for it and wore my heart rate monitor, but lacking that many people log it under circuit training general.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I personally "created" an exercise for it and wore my heart rate monitor, but lacking that many people log it under circuit training general.
    Same here. I've been burning about 250ish (give or take a bit) per session.
  • heathermrls
    Options
    i dont have a hrm so i log it under circuit training. i have been doing it about 3 days now.
  • pittielover23
    Options
    Currently log it under Circuit Training General, but am looking forward to getting my heartrate monitor in the mail (any day now!) so I can have a more accurate log.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    circuit training, 20 minutes
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I log it under circuit training general and burn about 300-320 calories, says my HRM...
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Just about everyone will tell you to log it as Circut Training. I did this for the first week or so and it way overestimated based on my heart rate monitor that I use now. I burn around 220 according to my HRM (Polar FT4) and the database told me I would burn 277-300. My suggestion would be to get a HRM, but if you can't, I would knock off some calories from what the database says so you stay within your calorie goal.

Good luck!
  • SassieSarah
    Options
    This was helpful, I currently log it under " circuit training general", but I think I burn more than 155.....

I certainly hope so, Level 2 is hard.... So sore.....!
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wear a bodybugg and zero it out before the exercise - I have been burning 185-200 calories a session.

I weight about 190lbs and usually get through the whole thing without slacking - the part I do slack on is the side lunges - I only lift one arm each time I go side to side because I am using 8lb weights. I also do the push ups from my knees, not my toes.

I am traveling for work today, but brought my DVD to throw into my laptop at the hotel - hope the room below me is empty because there is alot of jumping in that video!!!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I don't have a hrm yet so I guess I will kinda keep in mind I didn't burn as many calories as is says I did. How long do you do level one before level 2 ? This dvd should be used 3 to 4 times a week right? I can't picture anyone doing this daily 8O!!!!!!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I don't have a hrm yet so I guess I will kinda keep in mind I didn't burn as many calories as is says I did. How long do you do level one before level 2 ? This dvd should be used 3 to 4 times a week right? I can't picture anyone doing this daily 8O!!!!!!
    When I first got the dvd, I did it periodically w/ my other workouts & did mainly level 2. But I've since been determined to do it consistantly 30 days in a row. I started w/ 10 days on level 1, then 10 days level 2 & 10 on level 3. I'm currently on day 17.
  • SassieSarah
    Options
    I'm also shredding every day... On top of various cardio.....
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

You do the dvd for 30 days straight no rest days. each level for 10 days. I made it up to 15 days and it really did work, I kinda had a night out that through me off track and I stopped after that so I was really bummbed I gave up but I plan to start this next tuesday and finis the full 30 days this time :) Good luck to you :)
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    agggg I hurt all over...tomorrow....next day...next day.... etc...... Lord give me strength!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I am doing it daily for 30 days with walking as my only other activity.