Zumba...worth the money?

Options
I just purchased Zumba Exhilaration DVD set and just wanted to know if anyone had success with losing lbs and/or getting fit on it. It was very expensive, but looked like fun and the music sounds fantastic. I am hoping I will get my moneys worth. Would like some feedback if anyone had experience with it.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for my Wii. All I can say is 'LOVE IT'!! Fun plus a great workout!! Time goes really fast because you're dancing to the music.
  • karenzumbakeegan
    karenzumbakeegan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been going to zumba classes roughly 3 times a week since November. I love it , it is really good fun and I hate exercise. Love the dance moves and the teacher includes all kinds of music. I have tried the Wii fit but I prefer the class - motivates you more. All ages and sizes attend.
  • tinamwilson
    Options
    I have done the DVD's and I really prefer the class with the instructor over the DVD's. The class is really a fun and energetic atmosphere and as one of the other poster's said-all different sizes, ages & even men attend. It's really high energy and you get to just have fun and laugh-never feels like a workout but boy do you get one!!!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I've never tried to the DVD's but have been cosidering buying them myself, so please keep us updated!

I hit a rough spot with my weight loss a few months ago and let a friend drag me to Zumba (I am not the most coordinated). Now I am addicted! It's a nice change in pace, great music and an awesome workout!
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am also interested in what people think about dvds and the Wii program. I need something new! :)
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Once I get the DVDs, hopefully next week, I'll come back to this post and tell you guys what I think of them (for those who are interested). It will be a totally different experience from P90X and Insanity. Graduated and now need to mix it up a bit to keep my interest going....update soon!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    wow i just looked it up and saw the commercial and can tell you it is hard core, it looks tough. i have Zumba party it is only dancing without weights and it is an amazing workout. if you put the work in then you will have great results.
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    Bumperooni
  • Balfour35
    Balfour35 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have it for my WII and love it!!! My 10 year old daughter tries to do it with me we have so much fun!!:smooched:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Fitness DVDs and I really like it. I bought them off Ebay for $56 shipped and it was worth the money to me. I have the Wii game too which is fun but my console just died.