Bad running day frustrating

Options
Hello there.
I had a bad running time today I usually do 3 miles in 41 minutes or so today I really felt sluggish.
I made a mistake of eating 1 hour before and I noticed it makes me feel sluggish. I had a smaller meal yesterday and the run was better today I was feeling sicky.
I run Sat,Sun,Wednesday,and if I feel good Thursday.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have to wait at least 2 or 3 hrs after eating anything which is why I either run first thing in the morning (5AM) or as soon as I get home from work.

Don't worry about 1 bad run, we all have them!
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I have to wait at least 2 or 3 hrs after eating anything which is why I either run first thing in the morning (5AM) or as soon as I get home from work.

Don't worry about 1 bad run, we all have them!

Thank you yesterday was a good run. I still did not give up today I kept pushing
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    A bad run is better than no run surely? :)
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Not every run will be grate, it happens to me as well. I just keep telling myself that even the bad runs help me to become stronger, faster and better overall because every run, even if it's a not so great one, will be better than not getting out there at all.
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have a bad running day. I wouldn't sweat it to much. As someone once said on here, a bad one is usually followed by a good one.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I often set off feeling great and have a bad run, then set off feeling bad and do well. As prev posters say, a bad run is far better than a no run.
  • ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bad days are disappointing but you're building your strength and endurance anyway. Good to discover how eating before running affects you too. I had a good run today and have had a few great runs too. I am sure that they would not have happened without the many yucky and less than stellar runs I've experienced.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Bad days happen. Make sure you take the rest days to give your muscles time to relax. And keep moving forward
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Thank you all
  • runshellersrun123
    runshellersrun123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    lucyloutoo wrote: »
    A bad run is better than no run surely? :)

I like this answer :-)
    You will have some days where you feel better than others.