Need motivating

Options
Hey .. in getting married next august and really need to change the way I tackle fitness .. eating good ... tried this ap before with not much luck as gave up
. Im in a much better mindset a few friends on her might help me along the way and i might be able to do the same for them :)

Replies

• emmamoatetaylor
    emmamoatetaylor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat apart from I'm not getting married. But I have no motivation what so ever and am looking for friends and support and someone to basically encourage me. X x
  • caitlynf12
    caitlynf12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I also never found success on the app and I think it's because I don't have any other friends on here. I think it would be helpful to have a support system and be able to support someone else! I have a goal of about a year and trying to lose about 60 lbs. Hope to meet and make new fitness pals :-)
    -Caitlyn
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Welcome back! I've only been here for 14 days and it has been awesome! I get so encouraged when I read everyone's journey from gaining and losing to gaining again!

For me, just coming here everyday after I post my food and exercise, to read, and to encourage, I feel like everyone is a comrade in arms, engaging in a massive effort to change our lives, one day at a time. I am not telling my family nor my friends coworkers anything about what I'm doing. I can do that because I can share what I'm doing with you all. I don't want or need their opinions, recriminations on what I'm eating or not eating, etc., etc. People cannot help but judge, but when it comes out of their mouths then I disengage.

What I have realized in these almost 3 weeks is that the first 2 were very difficult. Making a shift to better eating, a decision to lace up and get out was a challenge and at times depressing especially when you don't see immediate change. We are addicted to the "right now" mentality.

Once the shift happened mentally, I was rewarded physically by losing the most weight in the last few days than I have in a long time. It went back up this morning a little, but I know it's because of what I ate yesterday, overage in sodium which creates water retention. I know this because I was truthful in my diary. I ate it, so I have to claim it....my body sure as heck will. And it's okay. I know I'm not depriving myself of anything. I can have it, just have to decide if I want to work it off or delay my goal a little longer. I'm having fun logging, and challenging myself. I am having fun eating good and healthy food. My taste for sweetness is becoming heightened....meaning less sugar still tastes good. What I use to could drink or eat that was sweet, has now become too sweet. Same with salt.

So have fun with this! Remember you can eat and do whatever you want, just own it. Pretty soon you will wonder why you didn't start this FUN sooner!

p.s. I keep an image in my head of what I would like to look like at goal. My daughter will be graduating high school next May and I'm gonna be looking oh so fine!!!! The start of my new life begins today and everyday!!!!
    Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding. Hope you picked out that dream dress!!!