I'm awesome because i think i am!

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
Ok most of you know that i'm like the greatest thing existing on earth and all but this is directed at the people who always seem to say bad things about themselves. i truly believe that if you keep thinking things about yourself be they bad or good you will eventually project that. so if you think of yourself as a waste of flesh over time you will begin to act that way partially because you have said this about yourself over and over and over. there is a bible verse that says "as a man thinketh so is he", and i believe this applies here. i've seen some wonderful people on here speaking very ill about themselves and i want to tell them and anyone else who may suffer from a low self esteem you are great awesome even but it really doesnt matter if i say it, you have to believe it about yourself. i mean some of you all are fighting emotional disorders, eating disorders, crazy family life etc and yet your still here doing this thing making changes conquering this world day by day, and thats amazing and you shouldnt take that lightly yes you may slip and fall sometimes but then you should just get back up dust yourself off and keep moving. dont let anyone tell you any different and most important dont tell yourself anything different

Replies

• Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    that's why you're my favorite choc cupcake. *meow* LOL
    You're so right. And I needed to hear that today. :happy:
  • LesmillsJunkie
    Options
    Well said, and perfect timing!
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    Word!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yep, agreed, if you don't love yourself, no one is going to do it....

we all need to think we are a bit more fantastic, we all need to keep telling ourselves how hot we are and how much hotter we are going to keep on getting!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I approve this message...lol
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This is an powerful message. Glad you are my friend
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I love this! I have noticed something about sticking to this healthy eating and exercise plan, though. It helps my self-esteem. Especially because if I *say* I'm going to do something, and I do it, I feel like I am a person of my word, a person of convictions who is capable of anything.

So thank you for reminding me - I am awesome! :smile:
  • theMightyAnt
    Options
    Great post, there's a lot of truth in it.
    On a sidenote your intro reminded me of this... hahaha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Can't believe this post didn't get more response. :tongue:
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! Every word is true and thanks - talk about motivation! You did it dude!!!:flowerforyou: