In Serious Need of Support

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Caitie, and I'm trying *again* to lose weight. It seems like the pounds just keep coming, but I'm so determined to put an end to my terrible lifestyle - for good! I'm a new vegan, pretty broke, trying to eat well and exercise. My goal weight is 126lbs away D: and I know that if I don't have people keeping tabs on me I'm going to mess up again.

On a similar journey? Need support and motivation? Friend me and we can do it together! I love commenting and looking at people's diaries for meal ideas and to support them.

Let's do it together!

xxCaitie

Replies

• bearondiet
    bearondiet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I am trying to get to 110lbs (I am short). I am on an intermittent fasting diet, but I keep ending up eating in the evening. I gotta stop doing that. My weight hasn't been going down for 1 week.
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Caitie! Sounds like you have work ahead, but you can do it! Just remember to think of it one day at a time, one meal at a time. At least that's what I have to tell myself. My goal is to lose 50-60 lbs and it sounds so daunting. We can to this!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Boy that's a whole lot at once. What is most important to to you?
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Hi Caitie, I'm Caitlin. I'm from NH, so not too far from you. I sent you a friend request! When I peaked at your diary, it said quinoa pizza bites. Those sound delicious!
  • Smallerjojo2015
    Smallerjojo2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi when you have a lot to lose
    The best thing is to make small goals
    Log all you eat and drink
    I started myfittnesspal in January
    I had a lot to lose about 150lbs
  • looneymom
    looneymom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me I have lost 40 lbs and need to loose 50 lbs yet....we can do this.
  • BooBoo5
    BooBoo5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged by that big number! I have to lose 100+ lbs also! Push yourself and never let your mentality get the better of you! I will shoot you a friend request, and we can help motivate each other! I'm definitely in need of motivation also! :)
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    This might sound mean, and I don't mean it to be. But you appear to be putting a lot of emphasis on failing due to a lack of support system. Although they are nice, this is all you. You need to find your own motivation and look for the real reason you fail. It isn't because you have no one "keeping tabs" on you. Until you deal with this piece, it's going to be an incredibly hard journey.
  • kittygoesvegan
    kittygoesvegan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I try not to look at the total numbers. I focus on eating better to feel better... Just knowing that I'm doing what's right for my health, with every bite, that's my goal. And to be stronger than my husband ;) the ponds will leave along the way! We can do it!!
    violet_820 wrote: »
    Hi Caitie! Sounds like you have work ahead, but you can do it! Just remember to think of it one day at a time, one meal at a time. At least that's what I have to tell myself. My goal is to lose 50-60 lbs and it sounds so daunting. We can to this!

• kittygoesvegan
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Boy that's a whole lot at once. What is most important to to you?

Feeling better and getting my confidence up! I know my journey will take at least a year, if not two so I'm patient as long as I don't back slide. I didn't put it on all in one night - after all!
  • kittygoesvegan
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    Hi Caitie, I'm Caitlin. I'm from NH, so not too far from you. I sent you a friend request! When I peaked at your diary, it said quinoa pizza bites. Those sound delicious!

They were amazing!! Made me realize pizza doesn't have a hold on me - flavor does! Here's the recipe:

wsvro7cvodcc.jpg
  • kittygoesvegan
    Options
    Hi when you have a lot to lose
    The best thing is to make small goals
    Log all you eat and drink
    I started myfittnesspal in January
    I had a lot to lose about 150lbs

Thank you for your advice! If I can do it one meal at a time I know I'll make it. It's hard to not get overwhelmed but I love the encouraging community here. Thank you!
  • kittygoesvegan
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    This might sound mean, and I don't mean it to be. But you appear to be putting a lot of emphasis on failing due to a lack of support system. Although they are nice, this is all you. You need to find your own motivation and look for the real reason you fail. It isn't because you have no one "keeping tabs" on you. Until you deal with this piece, it's going to be an incredibly hard journey.

I failed because it was always " well start tomorrow". I failed because I didn't think I could do it so I thought I might as well give in. I'm here looking for encouragement and inspiration, like a fitspo blog, and to make friends and inspire others. It's a long road but I'd rather not walk it alone.
  • Miss_Caitlin
    Miss_Caitlin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey Caitie I'm Caitlin. I sent you a friend request :)
  • kittygoesvegan
    Options
    Nice to meet another Caitlin! And you spell it the "right" way ;) nice to meet you!
    Hey Caitie I'm Caitlin. I sent you a friend request :)

• tashlm123
    tashlm123 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Caitie, I have sent you a friend request. I'm with you, in the way that I'm trying to surround myself with people who share, inspire and motivate.
  • dancerchick88
    dancerchick88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Caitie! I'm the same way, I'm in college and havent been tracking like I should (Which led to gaining all the weight back I lost this summer. I have a lot to loose as well. Always looking for new friends and motivation too.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If your chief goal is to feel better and get your confidence up, I suggest making weekly small goals towards where you want to be. Re-evaluate your success every week and adjust as necessary.

Use SMART goals and write them down.

Never use weight as a goal. Rather make behavioural goals. That's because the scale will do what it does and you don't want your confidence riding on that number. But you do have total control over your decisions.

Also, shoot for 80/20 rather than 100% to stay out of the perfectionist trap. For instance, "I will go to the gym at least three times this week." Is more achievable than every day.

So pick what it is that you are going to work on this week. Is it logging your food, a fitness goal, or to learn something about the vegan lifestyle?
  • amandalee0913
    amandalee0913 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Catie feel free to message me if you are still looking for someone to chat with to help with your fitness journey towards weightloss
  • kittygoesvegan
    Options

Oh! I love this. Definitely logging and learning more about being vegan. I want to be as successful as possible! And you're right about weight - it has nothing to do with how I feel. Eating well makes me feel good so I guess that and staying near my calorie goal ☺️
    jgnatca wrote: »
    If your chief goal is to feel better and get your confidence up, I suggest making weekly small goals towards where you want to be. Re-evaluate your success every week and adjust as necessary.

Use SMART goals and write them down.

Never use weight as a goal. Rather make behavioural goals. That's because the scale will do what it does and you don't want your confidence riding on that number. But you do have total control over your decisions.

Also, shoot for 80/20 rather than 100% to stay out of the perfectionist trap. For instance, "I will go to the gym at least three times this week." Is more achievable than every day.

So pick what it is that you are going to work on this week. Is it logging your food, a fitness goal, or to learn something about the vegan lifestyle?