fighting type two diabetes and winning. Need friends to cheer me on.

Options
2»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Is eating at the same time every day a must? I'm a school psychologist and will often have to alter my schedule. If I'm in the middle of a crisis or restraining a kid, doing a suicide assessment, etc I can't just stop and eat. Hopefully the schedule thing isn't an absolute. I can't imagine being able to do that with my job!

Carry portable snacks like a protein bar with you. Always have breakfast at the same time. Eating on a schedule will make it much easier for you to track if your sugar may be too high or too low.

You want to be at your cognitive best during an assessment, too.
  • shondaj70
    shondaj70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My daughter is T2, diagnosed in June (A1C at 15, BS readings over 400). We tried the reccomended ADA diet but was not working. I then switched us to a paleo/low carb woe and at her appointment on Friday was advised her A1C was at 6.2! I initially cut all whites (flour, sugar, potatoes and rice) and we now use coconut, almond meal, or oat flour and coconut palm sugar as a sweetener. We still eat yogurt and cheese, but use almond milk. We get our carbs from fruits and veggies and eating this way has cut the craving for sweets down. I began to add in whole wheat sandwich thins, brown rice and sweet potatoes, but sparingly! I still crave, but that's because I occassionally cheat when I'm not with her, so I fall of the wagon...bad Mom! Please feel free to friend me, I'd love to help you on this journey! :)