Looking for a recipe for breaded and baked green bean "fries

marie_2454
marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
I love TGI Fridays green bean fries, but they're soooo unhealthy, so I'm wondering if anyone has a healthier alternative? Sometimes I just bake fresh green beans with a little Pam spray and some seasonings, but I really miss the crunchy breading too. Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Sesame seeds! I use that on chicken to make up for lack of breading.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I'd love to see this too, Perkin's also has those delicious fried green beans. I know you can buy some in the frozen snack aisle in Target, but they aren't too healthy either.
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Rocco Dispirito has a recipe for onion rings made with Panko breadcrumbs and they are baked, I wonder if you could do the same with the green beans. Just a thought....
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    I just made fake fried zucchini with panko bread crumbs and baked them. maybe it would work with green beans!
  • harryandsally
    harryandsally Posts: 20 Member
    I've seen ground up Fiber One used as a replacement for breadcrumbs. Maybe dip the beans in egg whites and schwoosh them through the crumbs, then bake? Don't know if it would work, but might be worth a try.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    my mom used to make something like that when i was a kid.
    she would brown breadcrumbs in a fry pan.
    in a seperate pot cook the green beans, & drain when done.
    add a small amount of butter , just enough to coat the beans,
    & then toss in the browned bread crumbs.
    they were my favorite!!
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    mmmm... now i have a craving, bump!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    I've done this before. I use a small mixture of egg + soy milk to coat the green beans and then roll them in panko breadcrumbs and then bake them. I forget the exact calorie content, but it's quite reasonable and they are really delicious.