Fit4Less?

Options
This is my first time ever posting in a message board here so I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this!

So this is maybe more of a question for those of y'all from Canada, and more specifically Calgary. I'm really interested in this gym (Fit4Less) because it's fairly close to me and a regular membership is only $8.99/month. I've read some reviews and it's apparently all new and high quality equipment. However a lot of what I've read is that it's mainly men who attend this gym and it's apparently not very female friendly. Does anyone know if that's true? Because I'm also considering Spa Lady but Spa Lady is farther from me and also more expensive. It's about a 10 minute train ride to Fit4Less and a 45-ish minute train ride plus a bus to Spa Lady.

I'm also hopefully going to be getting a vehicle in March so I'm also considering waiting until then so I can just drive to Spa Lady. But if Fit4Less is a comfortable environment for women then I'd prefer to buy a membership now instead of waiting 5 months (because Fit4Less has a 1 year minimum membership).

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    This is my first time ever posting in a message board here so I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this!

So this is maybe more of a question for those of y'all from Canada, and more specifically Calgary. I'm really interested in this gym (Fit4Less) because it's fairly close to me and a regular membership is only $8.99/month. I've read some reviews and it's apparently all new and high quality equipment. However a lot of what I've read is that it's mainly men who attend this gym and it's apparently not very female friendly. Does anyone know if that's true? Because I'm also considering Spa Lady but Spa Lady is farther from me and also more expensive. It's about a 10 minute train ride to Fit4Less and a 45-ish minute train ride plus a bus to Spa Lady.

I'm also hopefully going to be getting a vehicle in March so I'm also considering waiting until then so I can just drive to Spa Lady. But if Fit4Less is a comfortable environment for women then I'd prefer to buy a membership now instead of waiting 5 months (because Fit4Less has a 1 year minimum membership).

I would suggest you start taking a tour of both gyms.
    Mainly men attending a gym does not have to be negative. People in gyms mostly focus on themselves.

Also, from personal experience I know that picking a gym that requires 45 minutes of traveling, will most likely mean you won't end up going (as often as you want.) One workout will probably take 3+ hours out of your day.

Are there no other gyms that are closer but perhaps normal mixed (vs women only?) that you can look into if fit4less doesn't work for you?
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Fit4Less does month-by-month memberships too from what I can remember, so you could always try it out for a month and see if it works for you.

My brother and sister are back in Canada, and they both go to Fit4Less. It's pretty basic, but it's got all of the equipment you'll need.
  • _sweating4thewedding
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »

I would suggest you start taking a tour of both gyms.
    Mainly men attending a gym does not have to be negative. People in gyms mostly focus on themselves.

Also, from personal experience I know that picking a gym that requires 45 minutes of traveling, will most likely mean you won't end up going (as often as you want.) One workout will probably take 3+ hours out of your day.

Are there no other gyms that are closer but perhaps normal mixed (vs women only?) that you can look into if fit4less doesn't work for you?

None near me really. There are a few downtown but that requires a half hour train ride and a little bit of a walk.

bluefish86 wrote: »
    Fit4Less does month-by-month memberships too from what I can remember, so you could always try it out for a month and see if it works for you.

My brother and sister are back in Canada, and they both go to Fit4Less. It's pretty basic, but it's got all of the equipment you'll need.

They have month to month memberships, but the $8.99/month requires you to be a member for at least one year, and then the next one which I believe is around $30/month doesn't have a minimum membership time, but I can't really afford 30/month because I'm sponsoring a child for $40/month already and I still pay rent and groceries and transit. :(