Low fat percentage

Options
13»

Replies

• tonymase14
    tonymase14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Listen all the IFBB said was i would look better at 165-170 the gaining muscle is my own goal, thats my point. Since my first compitition is next season my goal is to try to reach around 165-170 for next year
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    tonymase14 wrote: »
    Listen all the IFBB said was i would look better at 165-170 the gaining muscle is my own goal, thats my point. Since my first compitition is next season my goal is to try to reach around 165-170 for next year

There's no rush to get on stage and if you haven't taken the plunge into steroids look into doing physique at a natural show first. It's going to be cheaper and give you an idea of what you really need to improve on before taking a bigger stage (and competing against guys who aren't natural). Drop this IFBB competitor you've been working with and research legitimate trainers/companies (like the one I mentioned).
  • tonymase14
    Options
    I understand shes trying to help i apologize, the way she said everything just sounded like she was calling me a lier and a fake
  • tonymase14
    Options
    Thanks for the advice i have other trainers to look at i literally saw this woman once just for a body analysis
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Thanks for the advice i have other trainers to look at i literally saw this woman once just for a body analysis

Based on what she's said it's good that you only saw her once. Even her claims for how much you can gain were way beyond what is possible.
  • tonymase14
    Options
    In her defense she never said gain it in 2 months only that i would great at 165-170. The two months was my own ambitious goal because next season is in two months
  • tonymase14
    Options
    Sorry for sounding repetitive
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    In her defense she never said gain it in 2 months only that i would great at 165-170. The two months was my own ambitious goal because next season is in two months
    Well, that does alter things some. Still, not very realistic. Thumbs up for having a goal.
  • usmcmp
    Options

You are 19 and have some experience lifting. If you got on the right hypertrophy program (probably a HST style program) you could gain 15 pounds of lean mass in about 9-12 months. You'd have to spend that time in a bulk, so you'd end up cutting for 3-5 months after that and you'd potentially lose a couple of pounds of that lean mass you gained.
  • tonymase14
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I have a nice hypertrophy program that im doing right that works good but thank you again for the support and advice it means a lot
  • bearondiet
    bearondiet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Whether he is "exactly" 3.5% body fat or not is really irrelevant. Even if inaccurately measured, his body fat should still be very low. Now, I wouldn't know if it was inaccurately measured or not. What I am saying is that his body fat percentage would be still low anyway. How big could the discrepancy be? More than 3%?
  • usmcmp
    Options
    bearondiet wrote: »
    Whether he is "exactly" 3.5% body fat or not is really irrelevant. Even if inaccurately measured, his body fat should still be very low. Now, I wouldn't know if it was inaccurately measured or not. What I am saying is that his body fat percentage would be still low anyway. How big could the discrepancy be? More than 3%?

It's off around 6% visually. Telling him it is wrong wasn't to make him feel bad, but to help him see that he should question whether he should commit a long term contract to pay the person who took the measurement. For someone like him with the goal of competing, his trainer being off 6% is very relevant and a big deal.
  • tonymase14
    Options
    It read the muscle and fat tissues in my body i understand only measuring thigh, abdominal and chest would make it a little off maybe by 2 or 3 percent the most but i doubt 6% but thank you for watching out for me and for giving me your opinions its been a lot of help