Starting Over

Options
Boy, did I fall off... and gained about 15 lbs in the process! It was fun eating (and drinking) whatever I wanted with my man, who gained along with me. Looking and feeling the way I do lately is not my ideal. So, I'm starting over. Wish me luck!

Replies

• dmartins2002
    dmartins2002 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good Luck this also happened to me. I lost 11lbs but gained it back when they took out my thyroid. Sucks
  • H34v3nlySinsx3
    H34v3nlySinsx3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to ya! You've done it once so you know you can do it again!
  • dvattuone
    dvattuone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Boy, did I fall off... and gained about 15 lbs in the process! It was fun eating (and drinking) whatever I wanted with my man, who gained along with me. Looking and feeling the way I do lately is not my ideal. So, I'm starting over. Wish me luck!

• dvattuone
    dvattuone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes good luck, I know how you feel, I also fell off for a few days, feel icky. Today is a new day & plan on eating healthy & within calories allotted.
  • greenmaria
    greenmaria Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm right there with you...
  • jkrunner80
    jkrunner80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Meeee tooooo! We got this!
  • strawberrysun13
    strawberrysun13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! me too...I am re-starting today, so annoyed with myself!
  • schandler1011
    schandler1011 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    the good news is you recognize it is time to get back on track!
  • jkrunner80
    jkrunner80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    the good news is you recognize it is time to get back on track!

Amen to that!
  • angrydads
    angrydads Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Okay here is my testimony if you will.... Spent the last year gobbling up all the best tasting meals there was. Drank loads of delicious whisky mixed drinks.... Whatever I wanted.. Thought I was doing fine. Knew I gained some weight but wasn't alarmed. Dude, I went to the doctor last month and oh no... So here I am, I have lost a lot of weight and continue to weight lift, cycle and eat with the goal of a healthy lifestyle and a responsible diet. You can do it, a little everyday adds up when there are 365 of those in year. Make them positive and the changes will come.
    People will ask why your doing it, and then they will ask how can they do it. Good luck to all of us....
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Be glad that you've caught yourself now...with just 15 to lose instead of more! I had lost 57# and managed to gain back 55! Horrible Catch-22 of self hatred and binge eating. Happy to say now that I've lost almost 50# and seeing a therapist to help me understand the importance of ME. You've got this!
  • Kalerae79
    Kalerae79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Been there. Lost 10lbs, got off track, stopped tracking and slowly slipped back into the bad habits, and gained almost 7 back. Very disappointed in myself. Today is a new day. Trying to remind myself of how good I felt 2 months ago and that I've done it and can do it again. I feel gross and defeated and like a failure and it makes me want to give up all together and keep putting it off. But I can't. It will just make the big problem bigger. I just need to not get myself caught up in this vicious cycle. Good luck! You can do it.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I had a GREAT time gaining my 28 lbs!!! :)

You have a good attitude towards this - there is no reason why you won't succeed in reaching your goals.
  • mellyb11
    mellyb11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, I lost 25kgs and gained back 10kgs, back to it now.
  • ozzilator
    ozzilator Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone for getting back on track! I'm there with you too. Lets start again with a new positive attitude! Let's be thankful for our health and opportunity to get fitter and feel better about ourselves. There's more to life than what the scales say but we don't want to miss out on it by being miserable and too unfit to enjoy things! :)
  • Falhilal
    Falhilal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ozzilator wrote: »
    Well done everyone for getting back on track! I'm there with you too. Lets start again with a new positive attitude! Let's be thankful for our health and opportunity to get fitter and feel better about ourselves. There's more to life than what the scales say but we don't want to miss out on it by being miserable and too unfit to enjoy things! :)

Amen to that
  • Falhilal
    Falhilal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon big time and now trying to get back on track so best of luck to us all
  • Vivian9785
    Vivian9785 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    angrydads wrote: »
    Okay here is my testimony if you will.... Spent the last year gobbling up all the best tasting meals there was. Drank loads of delicious whisky mixed drinks.... Whatever I wanted.. Thought I was doing fine. Knew I gained some weight but wasn't alarmed. Dude, I went to the doctor last month and oh no... So here I am, I have lost a lot of weight and continue to weight lift, cycle and eat with the goal of a healthy lifestyle and a responsible diet. You can do it, a little everyday adds up when there are 365 of those in year. Make them positive and the changes will come.
    People will ask why your doing it, and then they will ask how can they do it. Good luck to all of us....

• westmor
    westmor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela - I am so in the same boat! Got to goal then have gradually put a load of it back on! Determined to not slip any further, made a rash bet with my trainer this morning!! Would welcome any new friends to help keep me on track and vice versa for them I hope. Good luck to everyone on here! :-)
  • Vivian9785
    Vivian9785 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started my morning exactly the same way! After weeks of enjoying eating out very often. Although I thought I was making healthy choices, you can't always account for how the food is prepared. I lost 75 lbs in 1 years time, and reached my goal! I maintained that weight for 2 years now. This last 4 months or so, what I always dreaded is starting to happen. I am up now about 9 lbs from my goal weight, my fear is it will continue to climb. If anyone has any suggestions to get me going in the right direction it would be very much appreciated! I did it completely on my own to get to goal, but am very frustrated moving back towards it!