Pregnant & trying to stay healthy

Options
Hello there as the title suggests, i'm only 7 weeks but determined to have a healthy pregnancy & sensible weight gain. Currently using my fitbit to keep track of movement, logging what I eat but it's a struggle i'm totally exhausted & struggling to stomach a lot of foods. Hardest part is hitting my water quota my nauseous stomach is not enjoying having plain water. Anyway i'm lookingfor other pregnant mfp's to get a support structure, share tips etc please friend request me

Replies

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Ginger was a LIFESAVER for me. Seriously. I was always nauseous! I got some ginger candy chews and they worked WONDERS! Worked with both pregnancies. Congrats on your baby! Also, I was always tired if I didn't get enough protein. I ended up eating a lot of steaks...
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm also 7 weeks pregnant and trying to be healthy. My stomach looks huge because of all the bloating and it's hard to get exercise in because I'm exhausted every day. The struggle is real!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yeah the bloating is starting to subside a little now, just heading into week 8. Been drinking nettle & dandelion tea to help with the bloat plus trying to get my water in. Big problem right now is I can't face any meat, or any decent sized meals. So tired been going to bed around 9pm, I know from experience once I get to 10 weeks i'll be back to myself be able to eat, workout & be partially normal
  • Rurufit
    Rurufit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy ! I would love to give you tips but i gained 66 lbs during pregnancy and now trying to get rid of these pounds. If you dont want to end up gaining this huge amount of extra weight then keep this number "66" in your mind and eat healthy :smiley: but for nausea i took navidoxine and ginger supplement pills 3 times daily. Good luck :)
  • siewertelizabeth599
    Options
    I am 5 weeks pregnant and am soooo thirsty. I've been drinking about 5 liters of water each day, which is almost double what I drank before I became pregnant. I am also using MFP to hopefully gain a sensible amount of weight.
  • kellyhawley84
    kellyhawley84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm almost 6 weeks with this pregnancy. Last baby I gained 50 lbs almost. I'm still up 25. Been struggling with getting it off. I'm hoping to keep my weight under control this time . I'm currently 214lbs is it unrealistic to only want to gain 15 lbs this time . still waiting fir the preg symptoms to kick in. Hope to hear from you ladies during our journey !!
  • KourtneyChristine
    KourtneyChristine Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I gained tons of weight while being pregnant but everything I gained from my pregnancy melted off before I even left the hospital. I have really bad water retention and a traumatic birth. We were at the hospital for a week
  • jenfunfur
    Options
    Hey I'm almost 6 weeks with this pregnancy. Last baby I gained 50 lbs almost. I'm still up 25. Been struggling with getting it off. I'm hoping to keep my weight under control this time . I'm currently 214lbs is it unrealistic to only want to gain 15 lbs this time . still waiting fir the preg symptoms to kick in. Hope to hear from you ladies during our journey !!

You've just described my last pregnancy, also 214lb so yeah had set a goal of 15-20lb gain
  • kellyhawley84
    kellyhawley84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you stay in your goal?
  • DigitalAmelia
    DigitalAmelia Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the pregnancies, ladies! I'm 17weeks preggers with #2 and I've been sick since week 5. This blows. I lost weight in the beginning and managed to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight over about 5 weeks. I ate like crap which is not at all normal for me. Outback cheese fries and a bucket of ranch has been the only thing that settles well. Occasionally I can dampen the fire in my stomach by snacking on baby carrots over the course of an hour. :(
    Last pregnancy I was sick until 22 weeks and then gained 50 lbs. I don't want to do that again so here I am using MFP to track what I eat and see if I can gain a reasonable and moderate amount of weight.

jen, I'm sorry you're feeling rotten. You're not alone! If you can stomach chocolate flavor there is a magnesium chewable supplement then helped me early on. It tastes a bit like Nesquik.
  • jenfunfur
    Options
    Luckily for me ladies the sickness has passed, same as last pregnancy only lasts about 10 days. I've been using magnesium spray not that I noticed a difference but magnesium is so important in pregnancy. Ate my first hot meal in almost 2 weeks last night, it was sooo good. Weighed myself this morning seems i've lost 4.5lb since this sickness started so goal now is 20lb gain over pregnancy. Craving fish of all sorts right now so rotating between tuna, mackerel, sardines, pollack & haddock nice healthy protein source
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Congratulations on all of your pregnancies. I'm in my first and 16 weeks. I was one of the lucky ones who never got sick so I've been able to maintain and only put on 4 lbs so far. I'm feeling great and eating very healthy. Hoping to stay the course and only gain the 25-35 lbs that is normal for my starting BMI.
    I walk every day and run about three days a week. Has anyone done prenatal yoga or other exercises??
  • jenfunfur
    Options
    I do prenatal yoga & have 2 pre natal workout DVD which I rotate through, also have a 15 min uphill walk to do twice daily for the school run
  • DigitalAmelia
    Options
    jenfunfur wrote: »
    Craving fish of all sorts right now so rotating between tuna, mackerel, sardines, pollack & haddock nice healthy protein source

I've had tuna salad four days in a row now! I keep eyeballing sardines and hoping that I can handle the smell, but not yet. Oysters and clam chowder have been high on my "must have" list this pregnancy.

I make a tasty tuna salad using Wild Planet albacore, diced celery and leaves (fresh parsley works too), diced red cabbage, diced Bubbles butter pickles (might be a NW thing?), olive oil, mayo, a touch of dijon, hardboiled eggs, and fresh cracked pepper. It goes well on a small roll with avocado slices for a ton of good baby building nutrition. I've heard people also use shredded jicima (sp?) for crunch but low-cal.
  • KimmyKicksAss
    KimmyKicksAss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats ladies! I am currently 8 weeks. I've been having a little nausea over the past week and a half. I look on the bright side and tell myself it sure beats having morning sickness!

I've been missing a few workout here and there but currently still doing heavy lifting (50-75% of max) and cardio kickboxing

I've been eating PB and J everyday for a full week now! So weird since I haven't had one since I was in middle school.
  • DigitalAmelia
    edited October 2015
    Options

I've been missing a few workout here and there but currently still doing heavy lifting (50-75% of max) and cardio

Congrats on keeping up the weight lifting! I got slammed with morning sickness at 5 weeks and had to quit doing physical activity. Anything that raised my body temperature sent me into fit of sickness. Even walking was awful. Most of it has passed now.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    @DigitalAmelia , do you eat mayo often? I was told to avoid any food with raw eggs...including mayo and I am a mayo fanatic!!

• DigitalAmelia
    Options
    @DigitalAmelia , do you eat mayo often? I was told to avoid any food with raw eggs...including mayo and I am a mayo fanatic!!

Yes I do. A good store bought mayo doesn't contain raw eggs though, or it wouldn't be shelf stable before opening. I'm aware of the salmonella risk in raw eggs. I craved and drank raw milk for baby #1 and it was one of the few things I could keep down during morning sickness.
  • CoffeeInTheMtns
    CoffeeInTheMtns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone feel free to add me! I just found out I'm pregnant with baby number 2! Going to stay healthy again and keep up with lifting and running for as long as I can.