New here, 50-60lbs to lose, looking for support!

Options
Hi everyone,
Like the subject says, I'm new here, 27, and I've got 50-60lbs to lose, preferably 60. I'm 5'4" and currently 185, started at 195 (10lbs so far, woot!). I have 3 kids ages 5, 3 and 1, and am done now, so hoping to finally get the body I've always wanted. I've been overweight most of my life, as an adult my weight has oscillated between 145 and 210. I'd like to get to a reasonable weight for my height, though, so 125-ish is the reasonable goal. Plus, I'd just like to feel sexy and confident in my own skin.

Right now I'm doing 1500 calories a day, and trying to work out for 30 minutes 3-5 days a week, although it's pretty hard to squeeze in with my two youngest at home all the time. If anyone has any suggestions or tips, I'd definitely appreciate it. Excited to be here! I've been using MFP for years but this is my first time exploring the community.

Replies

• Maybeesometimes
    Maybeesometimes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Feel free to add me and we can support each other!! =^+^=

I'm 29 5'2 with 40ish to lose
  • eliza8897
    eliza8897 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just remember that weight lose is a journey. It's about trial and error and about finding yourself. Find what works for you and stick with it. ! I've lost 28 pounds in 2 months and have another 15 to go to get to my goal weight. I'm very active and stay under 1100 calories. Maybe 1500 is too high? Either way, good luck!!!
  • katiepaff
    katiepaff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1100 calories or less is too little for me. I feel faint with hunger and am more prone to binges. No way could I sustain that. 1500 helped me lose 20lbs last year and I've lost 10lbs in the last month doing it. I also work out, which helps.
  • katiepaff
    Options
    I also would rather lose slower and keep it off long term and feel like I can do it forever rather than quit.
  • rdejou
    rdejou Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me as well. Mother of two, 26yo, 5'8", need to loose 55 to 60 lbs.
  • alana0777
    alana0777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I agree with you on losing weight slowly. I started a year and a half ago at 205 lbs. I'm at 176 now and still have at least 30 lbs until I'm satisfied. I don't want to be super skinny. Just less and toned. I'm at 1700 calories and started at 2000! I lower my calories as I lose. Nice to meet you... I'll send a request. Add me if you'd like and happy losing!
  • ughbrit
    ughbrit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me!

I'm 27 years old, 5'8", and looking to lose another 50-60lbs too. Fortunately I don't have any children (they're just not for me) and currently I consume about 1625 calories per day and do indoor rock climbing 2-3 times per week and started Couch to 5k this week. Finishing the week tomorrow! Anyways, please feel free to add me for support :)
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • libbyloo2110
    libbyloo2110 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm the same looking to lose slowly to keep weight off. I started at 209 I'm now 198 so I've a long way to go. Feel free to add me for some support :)
  • angel_fire35
    angel_fire35 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just friend requested you....I have same goals...I wanna lose 60-70 lbs :) we all can do this
  • vickilynnmay1995
    vickilynnmay1995 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I'm 20, 5'9 and weigh 260 started at 294!! I'm currently pregnant so I just want to tone now until I have baby in March then I'd like to get under 200lbs but I still exercise and am trying to eat right
  • MonkeyGirl23ds
    MonkeyGirl23ds Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me.
    I am 39 years old and have a goal weight loss of 80 pounds. I started my fitness pal for the third time 15 days ago with the weight of 230 pounds. I've currently lost 3 pounds. Looking for friend motivation to help me this time around.
  • Calisweet16
    Calisweet16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am looking for the same kind of support
    I'm 41, 5'4 & 217lbs. My highest weight ever. I'm a busy Nurse with 4 grown kids (college). Hormones & antidepressants working against me. Anyone that would add me & help me in this journey is a blessing! I don't want my next phase of life to be unhealthy & unhappy.
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've got a similar road ahead... Currently at 225lbs and want to lose 50-60. I have a 2 year old and a 6 week old, so like you find it hard to fit in workouts. I've just realized lately though, that more than having a nice body, I want to do this so my kids have an example. I don't want them to struggle like I have. I've been overweight since childhood and have weighed anywhere from 170 to 245 (while pregnant). Time to buckle down and do this!
  • Jleigh417
    Jleigh417 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me.
  • boxergirl2009
    boxergirl2009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me- mom of 1, working full time, 50 lbs to go
  • sarah_ak
    sarah_ak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 27 and I have 50 lbs to lose as well. It seems so hard and I am struggling so bad.
  • robyndobyn3
    robyndobyn3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 34 years old with a 1 year old. I have 50 pounds to lose as well. I'm hoping to get pregnant again in a few months though so that goal will likely have to wait until after baby #2 comes. Until then though, I am trying to get as healthy as I can!
  • katiepaff
    Options
    Yay, thanks for the support! So excited to meet all of you and do this together!