340 to 230, ask away!

Options
biggiedc
biggiedc Posts: 9 Member
edited October 2015 in Success Stories
Hey guys and gals just looking to help motivate some people. I used myfitnesspal for the first 50-70 pounds for food tracking and then just took it upon myself. Ya'll can do it! Took me about 3 years. (I use to power lift and the pics are from 18-19 to now which I'm 22). If anyone wants my routine or has questions let me know!0cpfuy5o73xg.jpg

Replies

• yesssiwanttolose
    yesssiwanttolose Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wowwww! Impressive!
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good work!

I have a question or two for you. I hear a lot about people trying to lose weight not eating enough, how did you decide on your calories for losing your first 50-70 on MFP? Did you just go with their recommendations? Did you use a trainer or just design your own routine from what you already knew?
  • biggiedc
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @Jbarbo01 When it came to the calorie counting I used there recommendations as a base and from there understand your own body . Mentally it won't be easy but use your own judgement on how you feel. It should be a challenge, not suffering. But for the most part there guide isn't that far off.

For workouts I used the more joint friendly body building exercises(I've been lifting a while just horrendous diet) since I've had knee and shoulder surgeries from football. I did 12-15 rep range ,4
    Sets a muscle group. My one constant throughout was 15 incline 3 speed walking at least 30 minutes a day.
  • whisperzsaralynn
    whisperzsaralynn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    great job! :wink:
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking good
  • biggiedc
    Options
    Thanks all :)
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Great job! =D
  • biggiedc
    edited October 2015
    Options
    q06rn2p7lpkk.jpeg

Full image
    12 pant sizes, down 3 shirt sizes.
  • biggiedc
    Options
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Congrats!
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    biggiedc wrote: »
    q06rn2p7lpkk.jpeg

Full image
    12 pant sizes, down 3 shirt sizes.

From what to what on pants? I'm in a 46 right now for slacks and 44 for jeans. I was at a 54-56 at one point. I can't wait to be able to buy jeans anywhere and wear an XL shirt. Constantly needing a 3x means I can never buy concert T's or other more common shirts. I pay double the regular prices by having to go to the Big and Tall shop.
  • rgriffith2121
    rgriffith2121 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What was your turning point? Did you just do what they recommended on the app? I plan to follow the lose 2lbs a week plan but feel as though I will loose more.....
  • biggiedc
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @ZeroTX I was pushing a 4xl , and now I wear a comfy xl or a snug large! Pant sizes I went from a 46 to a 34, just bought a pair yesterday and it was in the middle off rack, not searching for that one massive size felt great. I just donated about 15 shirts jeans and cargo shorts because I know I'll never need them again.
  • biggiedc
    Options
    @rgriffith2121 you know after a certain point when they call you the big guy what it really means. I remember in the store one time a little girl said "is that the big scary man you were talking about mommy?" and I was just like ughhh.

Let the app guide you for weight loss for the most part, learn and know your body over time and you will know :). Slow is the way man, 2 pounds a week sounds slow but it gives your body time to adjust, won't you lose as much muscle, skin will still be tight ect.
  • biggiedc
    Options
    Thanks everyone hope it helped a little :)
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You look great- what a huge accomplishment! Did you see a huge uptick in your energy levels?
  • biggiedc
    Options
    @Bheil214 , an unbelievable amount. I don't stop :). You don't even realize it until someone points it out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!