Oatmeal recipes

Options
aprilmariev1
aprilmariev1 Posts: 2 Member
Any low calorie oatmeal recipes would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Duke992
    Duke992 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Rolled Oats
    Cinnamon
    Goji Berry
    Chia Seed
    Hemp Seed
    Cocoa Powder
    Almond Milk
    Whey Protein

I like to mix everything in a cup, leave in the fridge overnight and chug 1st thing in the morning!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like adding protein & fat, it helps me stay full longer. Oatmeal made with milk instead of water. Some people add protein powder. A few chopped nuts, or dab of nut butter (although not low calorie)....boosts the staying power too.

I bought some canned pumpkin....will experiment with Pumpkin Oatmeal

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/55259/pumpkin-oatmeal/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Protein powder (depends on the powder though... I use Quest).
    Chocolate protein powder and PB2
    Almond milk and PB2
    Almond milk, almond butter, and a bit of jam
    Pumpkin and pumpkin spice (got to try adding a bit of vanilla protein powder too).
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal- 1/2 cup oatmeal, container of Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup any milk (I use almond milk), cinammon. Put in a small mason jar, shake up and put in fridge overnight. In the morning shake it up/mix it up, eat as is or add whatever you want (fruit etc..) and eat. Very filling and a lot of protein.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm on a PB2 kick. I used to eat it savory, with an egg and salt added in. Mixing in Greek yogurt sounds good! I usually have a container of Greek yogurt, too, but on the side.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Savory: egg whites, soy sauce or liquid amigos, sriracha...any seasonings you like (salt, garlic powder...etc)
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Sweeter: oats cooked with egg whites, Greek yogurt, cocoa powder, stevia, mashed up banana, cinnamon, sugar free syrup, little nutmeg, cashew milk.
  • carissabelle21
    carissabelle21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you want to do overnight oatmeal but have it warm do it with a crock pot :) two cups steel cut oats, eight cups water, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup brown sugar mixed together on low for eight hours while you sleep! Wake up to breakfast :) put the rest in the fridge/freezer and heat up with milk for leftovers. Add whatever else you want. Vanilla, apples, any fresh fruit is yummy.

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    If you want to do overnight oatmeal but have it warm do it with a crock pot :) two cups steel cut oats, eight cups water, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup brown sugar mixed together on low for eight hours while you sleep! Wake up to breakfast :) put the rest in the fridge/freezer and heat up with milk for leftovers. Add whatever else you want. Vanilla, apples, any fresh fruit is yummy.

That's s terrific idea! I'm definitely going to do this. Thank you
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You could bake the oatmeal ahead of time to freeze and reheat in the morning for
    269 calories, 10 grams protein.
    http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-baked-oatmeal-cups-222825

ccw9qtn0l106.jpg
  • ariffianti
    ariffianti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Savory : instant oat ,chicken stock , spinach , carrot , pinch of salt , make a porridge & scramble egg on top , yum
  • Brackto
    Brackto Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have never tried a savory oatmeal ....... Time to try it