Arctic zero?

Options
Where can I find this? Would it just be in a normal grocery store or Walmart?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Yes in with the regular ice cream .

IMO, I think it tastes awful though. You may like it, but I certainly didn't.
    I just save 149 cals for a real serving of ice cream because the artic zero tasted like flavored frozen water to me.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yeah, everyone on this site scared me away from Arctic Zero but sorry guys...wish I tried it sooner. For a volume eater, I like it a lot. Sprinkle some powdered peanut butter and I'm happy.

Not all stores carry it. Just do a google search for stores in your area that do.
  • ccobra
    ccobra Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. The only way to eat that ice cream is to throw it in the trash. I tried the cookies and cream flavor and it tasted like chemicals and frozen water.
  • jennylynn_1983
    jennylynn_1983 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That stuff tastes soooo bad.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Don't do this to yourself. It tastes like lightly flavored cardboard. Have some real ice cream, some jello, some reduced calorie pudding (Those Jello temptations are pretty nice. I get the cheesecake, toss a few chocolate chips on top, and they have sugar free versions too.)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Turkey Hill, Breyers, & Edy's all have ice creams that have lower calories.

Edy's has a Pumpkin flavor that is 100 calories for slow churned, & 130 for the regular version.

http://www.turkeyhill.com/

http://www.breyers.com/

http://www.edys.com/

For the amount I see they charge for Arctic Zero (usually around $4.00+) you could buy a few of the others for around that same price.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Awful! I wish someone had told me before I wasted good money on it. I'd much rather do an hour of cardio and enjoy real ice cream.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know if the new formula is any better. I'm in the "really hated the stuff" camp, but I haven't tried it since they changed it. I'm also curious to know if the new formula has the same calorie/label issue that the old one had.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know if the new formula is any better. I'm in the "really hated the stuff" camp, but I haven't tried it since they changed it. I'm also curious to know if the new formula has the same calorie/label issue that the old one had.

I don't know. I'm actually ticked that everyone gave it such a bad wrap on here. I'm having some now with cocoa powder and peanut butter and I love it. Maybe I wouldn't have eaten when I had 40 lbs to lose and a bigger deficit, but things are tight now. And I don't want a spoon of ice cream.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough seems to get pretty decent reviews.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have tried three flavors and tossed them all after one spoonfull. Idk
  • toddw83
    toddw83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i get my arctic zero at kroger (fred meyer here on the west coast)
  • toddw83
    toddw83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awful! I wish someone had told me before I wasted good money on it. I'd much rather do an hour of cardio and enjoy real ice cream.

lol, thats totally WHY my wife works out
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Just saw A Z in Walmart yesterday.Price was $4.99.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I a) will eat almost anything and b) am use to eating gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, ect ect foods..... This stuff is horrible!!! Don't buy it! It's a trap. It's made with the lent of Satan's dryer and fish tank water.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback!! I think I might go with Breyers.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i just bought the new chunky pints and i though they were pretty decent compared to the original line which is terrible.. great if you're a volume eater though.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Where can I find this? Would it just be in a normal grocery store or Walmart?

A couple other brands to look for:

Skinny Cow & Weight Watchers (yummy ice cream sandwiches). Even Popsicle brand Fudgesicles are fairly low calorie.

I like Breyer's Slow Churn it's lower fat, not fat-free. Some of the fat-free ice creams I've tried were gross. Whatever they add to increase the creaminess had a weird after taste. I'd rather deal with a few extra calories.

Ooooh! Breyer's pumpkin spice (gotta go get some) - 1 small scoop hits the spot.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yeah, everyone on this site scared me away from Arctic Zero but sorry guys...wish I tried it sooner. For a volume eater, I like it a lot. Sprinkle some powdered peanut butter and I'm happy.

Not all stores carry it. Just do a google search for stores in your area that do.

I do this with the Vanilla Maple flavor and it is perfect! I like volume :) and teeny tiny scoop of something super premium just wont cut it for me.

• misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I do this with the Vanilla Maple flavor and it is perfect! I like volume :) and teeny tiny scoop of something super premium just wont cut it for me.

Same thing exactly for me!