Halloween... :(

Options
Halloween is coming up, I will be going to a friends house with lots of sweets. Any tips or tricks to help survive the holiday and keep fitness goal on track?

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Just not eat them?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Don't eat more than you've pre-logged.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I would decide what treats meant the most to me and work those into my day.
  • stephanie_queen
    stephanie_queen Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've actually considered bringing some veggies and keeping them in my purse... Is that weird? But then I could snack on them and not a candy, etc
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Then do that.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've actually considered bringing some veggies and keeping them in my purse... Is that weird? But then I could snack on them and not a candy, etc

Yeah, if you just want to snack on something while you're there, bringing your own snacks is fine. Or bring enough veggies for anyone who is interested -- you may not be the only person at the celebration interested in a non-candy snack.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    it's up to you.

Exercise will power and don't eat candy or bring something you want to eat instead if you're insistent on eating there.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Is this a party? Just hanging out? You're handing out candy for the person?
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I use all of October as my cheat day...I also do this for all of december...and may thru august....
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    You are surrounded by lots of sweets every day, they are pretty all around you at every turn. Coffee shops hardly sell coffee anymore, they sell coffee flavored sugar drinks and cake, 1/5 of the grocery store is now a bakery loaded with cakes, pies and donuts, every store has a check out isle with candy on both sides.....just use the same technique you use from eating them everyday. Just because they are readily available doesn't mean you have to eat them in excess.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I use all of October as my cheat day...I also do this for all of december...and may thru august....

hahah. yes. you'll be fine. If you think you'll need to nosh on stuff because of nerves, boredom, whatever then take the pp advice of bringing a veggie tray to share. Yes, stashing food for yourself in your purse is weird imo. My hubby is on a cardiac/low sodium diet we don't go to any bbq, tailgate, bday party without making a dish safe for him, I would feel so weird if I just showed up with his paper plate of food with saran wrap over it. No bigger way to call attention to it being different, so absolutely I always make enough to share.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have candy in my house all the time... I've been having one piece every few days since I bought it. The fact that I can have some when I want it makes it much easier to resist going overboard on Halloween (or any day, for that matter).
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I'm sabotaging my own Halloween this year with plans to have a small party for my kids and some of their friends with all kinds of themed treats that I'll be making. I am going to try not to go too far overboard but I won't really care too much if I do. I'm even going to dress up this year, which I haven't done in probably 20 years.
  • stephanie_queen
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Is this a party? Just hanging out? You're handing out candy for the person?
    It is a 'game night' with five other friends. We will be making sweets like candy apples and caramel corn and one of them want to got into town for some candy. We are not handing any out
  • stephanie_queen
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    You are surrounded by lots of sweets every day, they are pretty all around you at every turn. Coffee shops hardly sell coffee anymore, they sell coffee flavored sugar drinks and cake, 1/5 of the grocery store is now a bakery loaded with cakes, pies and donuts, every store has a check out isle with candy on both sides.....just use the same technique you use from eating them everyday. Just because they are readily available doesn't mean you have to eat them in excess.
    Thanks, even though it should have been obvious to me, that really helped put the senerio into perspective :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pre-log and stick to it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Rather than taking some in your purse and snacking on veg like a criminal, make a platter to share and take that along. Who knows, maybe others will enjoy a veggie treat.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I would suggest bringing your own "dish" to pass. That way you don't seem ungrateful. Mixed veggies and dip do well.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I agree bring a veggie tray and have a treat or two. You'll be fine ;)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Just say no. If you don't WANT to eat candy, don't eat it. Depending on the friend and type of gathering, I might bring my own snacks, but bring extra in case anyone else wants some. :)