HELP! The compliments are rolling in!

Options
SW 95kg (approx 210lbs) 04/08/2015
CW 84kg (approx 185lbs) 16/10/2015
Today, all of a sudden, I got loads of compliments about my weightloss from my work colleagues. This is not a problem in itself, but I've been here before. Over the years I have lost 21lbs or so and felt so good, got lots of positive comments etc, BUT, and it is a big but, at this point in previous weightloss campaigns, my efforts seem to slide. I do feel more determined this time to reach my (interim) goal of 65kg (or about 140lbs). Does anyone have any tips about how to stay focused and on track?

Replies

• LegalMom0928
    LegalMom0928 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your sentiment. I really struggle with compliments when it pertains to my weight. It seems like just when I'm doing well and people start noticing, I fall off the wagon.

I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing this for ME. My health, my well being, my joy. And really, I can only do it one day at a time. So, I'm going to do the very best that I can today, and tomorrow I'll do the same. It really is just one foot in front of the other. Weight loss is a journey, not a race!

Maybe write down your goals and put them somewhere you will see them regularly? Or make a point to log in to MFP at a certain time every day to keep yourself accountable?
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I truly LOVE compliments, even if they embarrass me a bit. I thank them sincerely for the compliment, and tell that how I'm doing it if they ask. When I wear a well-fitting shirt I get more compliments; makes me want to buy better-fitting clothes than the baggy ones I tend to whole on to.
  • tbcolman
    tbcolman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your sentiment. I really struggle with compliments when it pertains to my weight. It seems like just when I'm doing well and people start noticing, I fall off the wagon.

I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing this for ME. My health, my well being, my joy. And really, I can only do it one day at a time. So, I'm going to do the very best that I can today, and tomorrow I'll do the same. It really is just one foot in front of the other. Weight loss is a journey, not a race!

Maybe write down your goals and put them somewhere you will see them regularly? Or make a point to log in to MFP at a certain time every day to keep yourself accountable?

Thanks so much for this, I already log in each evening to read success stories, so I'm sure that's helping. And yes I've been told time and again about weight loss being a journey. However, I will remind myself each day to do the best I can
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    What has helped me is to make new goals, which these days are all around new activities I never dared when I was heavier. This past year I trained for a Tough Mudder in the fall. I had to get fit or else....mega embarrassment. Right now I'm preparing for a Resolution Run on December 31.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Do mini goals and reward yourself like getting a item of clothing rather then food
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Don't let it go to your head. Don't celebrate losing with a trip to the Olive Garden.

Think of the compliments as people cheering you on instead of people telling you that you've succeeded.

Remember that you have more work to do!

Congrats on your progress!!
  • tbcolman
    tbcolman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Don't let it go to your head. Don't celebrate losing with a trip to the Olive Garden.

Think of the compliments as people cheering you on instead of people telling you that you've succeeded.

Remember that you have more work to do!

Congrats on your progress!!

Thanks! I'll do just this!