Myhydrate

Options
There is this water bottle that keeps track of how many 8 oz. drinks of water you take. There are 8 lights on top.It also reminds you to drink.It's a little on the pricey side, but thinking this would help you to drink plenty water each day

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    MFP keeps track of how much water I drink a day for free.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't understand these types of gadgets. .. Can't people just drink when they're thirsty?
  • LeeMay63
    LeeMay63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I drink a good bit,but can never get close to the 8 cups a day .Everyone says drinking water really helps when you're trying to lose weight. I just want to try everything I can.My weight is from taking antidepressants and it is so hard to lose.
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I used to not drink a lot of water but I've changed that. I found buying a water bottle I love really helps. I have a clear Bobble bottle that's 1 litre and has a filter. A filter helps when the water at work is not the tastiest. When I'm teaching I have no problem drinking water because I'm talking all the time. When I work split shifts though (6-9am, 3-6pm) I try and drink one bottle from wakeup until my afternoon shift, and then I will fill the bottle up at work and try to drink it through my shift and the evening. I think a clear bottle helps because you can see how much you have left to go until your next refill.

Cassey from Blogilates has some water bottles in her shop with time increments down the side for $20 USD. I'm not in any way affiliated, I just think they're cute!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    LeeMay63 wrote: »
    I drink a good bit,but can never get close to the 8 cups a day .Everyone says drinking water really helps when you're trying to lose weight.

Eh, that advice is a bit overrated. And if you google "8 cups of water myth", or something like that, you'll see it's an old legend. Remember that the water in veggies, fruit, coffee, etc. count too. If you drink "a good bit", you're probably getting more than enough.

For fat loss, the only gadget i'd recommend is a food scale. :+1:

• wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't understand these types of gadgets. .. Can't people just drink when they're thirsty?

If I only drank when I was thirsty I'm pretty sure I'd be perpetually dehydrated. I have to force myself to drink "8 cups" (and I count my 1-2 cups of tea each day toward my water since I only sweeten it with a small squirt of liquid stevia). But I do rely on MFP's counter to tell me how much I've had since I log it as I fill my bottles/make my tea. I'd not want to spend a lot on a gadget that keeps track for me.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm not too keen on water I stick with tea to keep me hydrated.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I like gadgets, so this is one of those things that I would never buy, but would love to try once or would use if I received it as a gift/got it for free somehow just to be able to fiddle with it. The general rule usually isn't to drink 8 glasses of water per day, but half of your body weight in ounces; if you weigh 160 pounds, you should aim for 80 ounces of water. I don't fully agree with that though because I'm 117 pounds, yet I drink at least 10 glasses of water per day. I do pee a lot, so I know I'm drinking more than I need, but I really like drinking water for some reason and feel thirsty if I don't drink at least 8 glasses.
  • riveragirl15
    riveragirl15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am pro drinking as much water as you can. I aim for 140 oz a day. It fills you up, regulates your digestive system, keeps you hydrated and healthy! I'll always notice I feel better when I hit my water goal.

I use the app "Waterlogged". You can keep track of ounces instead of the random "cups" on MFP
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I just drink when i'm thirsty and as long as my pee is clear it's all good.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    i have a little trick.
    I but 8 rubber bands on my left wrist every morning
    when i start a new glass of water, i switch one band to the right wrist (drinking hand).
    * trick i learned in college to keep track of my alcoholic drinks

stealing this idea
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I just drink when i'm thirsty and as long as my pee is clear it's all good.

Yep...anything more is overcomplicating it.
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i have a little trick.
    I but 8 rubber bands on my left wrist every morning
    when i start a new glass of water, i switch one band to the right wrist (drinking hand).
    * trick i learned in college to keep track of my alcoholic drinks

I have a similar trick. I reuse a soda or bottled water bottle. Put 8 rubber bands around it bunched at the bottom. When you finish one bottle, move one rubber band up and refill bottle.
  • LeeMay63
    LeeMay63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your ideas and comments. I am definitely going with the rubber bands.Saves me money.