• TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    But I do love this winco stuff.
    http://wincofoods.com/bulk-bin/2613/
  • justvclark
    justvclark Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yup, I use it in my cold oats with unsweetened cocoa powder and half a banana.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    I picked up some at Walmart a month or so ago and incorporated it wherever I could for a while, but now I find myself just going for the real thing.

I guess what I'm finding is that I'm spending 50 calories on something that I can't really taste. 50 calories worth of the real stuff seems to add a lot more peanut butter flavor than 50 calories of PB2 does. Even a 45 calorie mini reese cup imparts more flavor.

I'll keep experimenting. Maybe I'll find a use for it where it'll become my new favorite thing. But I think I'd sooner purchase a peanut butter flavored protein powder than repurchase pb2 at this point in time.

You can try other brands too. I have found that the peanut butter and Co version has a good flavor, and I've also tried a store brand that I could taste.

I agree here. I have tried some powdered peanut butters that have almost no taste, and honestly I don't think PB2 is even that good. The brand Just Great Stuff is so much richer and nuttier. The PB&Co is better as well. I've also tried TruNut which is not good, PB2 is better than that one.
  • burban00
    burban00 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I add it to my chocolate protien powder to make a delicious shake. Yum, I want one right now :)
  • nbottin
    nbottin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is so good! I don't use it often but when I do I use it in shakes and recipes. My favorite thing to make with it is Thai peanut sauce for dipping spring rolls in

• grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Better N' Peanut Butter is my choice. It is defatted peanuts with moist ingredients to make it like real peanut butter. It does have a different texture but I like it. YOu have to refrigerate it after opening it. It is really expensive on Amazon. It is is my local stores for about $5 and found it cheaper at Aldi's. Only 100 cals per tbs and GMO free.

1knbl1kchse3.jpg

You can see ingredients here.

• Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Just to add - loads of decent recipes on the Bell Plantation website for PB2 :tongue:
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate pb2 way more than original.
  • Paralizer
    Paralizer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why not to try this one? It's much way better and healthier than any other peanutbutters in market (no salt at all) and definitely value for money. Check here

And just a tip. Give a shot to Cashew butter too...YAMMY!!
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Paralizer wrote: »
    Why not to try this one? It's much way better and healthier than any other peanutbutters in market (no salt at all) and definitely value for money. Check here

And just a tip. Give a shot to Cashew butter too...YAMMY!!

I think I am in love with MYPROTEIN! I am buying some tonight. That have a great deal going right now. Buy $30 of stuff and get 2.2 pounds of protein free. I am doing it and getting that awesome peanut butter! Thanks for the info!
  • GaelachAingeal
    GaelachAingeal Posts: 10 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's great! II typically use powdered peanut butter that is organic. Also I watch the sugar content. Some brands still have sugar in them.

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    It's great! II typically use powdered peanut butter that is organic. Also I watch the sugar content. Some brands still have sugar in them.

Not enough sugar to be of any concern, unless you're going to eat a ton of it. Unless you need to watch your sugar intake.

I just bought the Jif brand this past weekend. I think I like that one better than PB2 but either way, it's awesome! I can have a fat pb&J and not be worried about the 400 calories worth of peanut butter that I like to load on them. LOL
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I buy peanut flour which is also defatted, but has no salt or sugar added, just peanuts.

I LOVE adding it to a simple stir fry. When I get my plain steamed chicken and broccoli from Chinese takeout, I pretty much add 10-15g of peanut flour and15-20g bottled stir fry sauce and boom - easy peanut sauce on my food.

Ummm... that's the best. I'm going to to make this!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    cmtigger wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    I picked up some at Walmart a month or so ago and incorporated it wherever I could for a while, but now I find myself just going for the real thing.

I guess what I'm finding is that I'm spending 50 calories on something that I can't really taste. 50 calories worth of the real stuff seems to add a lot more peanut butter flavor than 50 calories of PB2 does. Even a 45 calorie mini reese cup imparts more flavor.

I'll keep experimenting. Maybe I'll find a use for it where it'll become my new favorite thing. But I think I'd sooner purchase a peanut butter flavored protein powder than repurchase pb2 at this point in time.

You can try other brands too. I have found that the peanut butter and Co version has a good flavor, and I've also tried a store brand that I could taste.

I agree here. I have tried some powdered peanut butters that have almost no taste, and honestly I don't think PB2 is even that good. The brand Just Great Stuff is so much richer and nuttier. The PB&Co is better as well. I've also tried TruNut which is not good, PB2 is better than that one.

I've been experimenting more with my pb2 the past few days, and preparing the paste with 1-2 tbsp 2% milk instead of water seems to help a lot. I also tried preparing the paste with sf maple syrup and that turned out really well.
    I also made some no bake energy balls with oats and pb2 and those also turned out flavorful (pb2 was prepared with milk).

Thank to you both for the brand suggestions, I now expect I'll want to continue experimenting with defatted pb when this jar runs out, so these suggestions will be kept in mind for sure.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Has anyone compared PB2 with plain peanut flour? Is there much of a difference?
  • KLM2206
    KLM2206 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I bought some recently (just for smoothies), and I have to say - I'm really disappointed. I find it to have a really rank aftertaste. At $11AUD for the jar, we'll finish the jar, but I'm going back to the real deal after that.
    Then again, I don't have a problem with only eating the recommended serving size, and I think it's worth the calories for the taste...
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I use it in my smoothies and greek yogourt for the pb taste but not fat /calories. I also make quest type protein bars and they set up firmly with pb2 when I make the pb&j flavoured bars but not with peanut butter (combined with jam they are too soft and sticky). I can use plain unsalted natural peanut butter in plain peanut butter bars. Using pb2 in the bars reduces the calories too.

I noticed that GNC now carries their own brand of powdered peanut butter but I haven't tried it yet.
  • livelovebbg
    livelovebbg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I tried PB2 for the first time this week by mixing it with almond milk and chocolate vega protein powder, and a couple days later mixing it into plain oats. I wasn't crazy about it to be honest, but then again I don't think I added enough to my oats to add flavour. I'm going to try adding it to plain greek yogurt next week. When I finish this jar I may look into some of the other brands mentioned in this post :)