(POST 2) BATTLE OF THE BULGE Summer Slimdown Challenge!!!

Options

Replies

• dancer_emt
    dancer_emt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This challenge will be a hard one for me bc I can never fill up my mfp cup. I hate drinking plain water. We will see how it goes today. I've already drank 1 glass.

If you can find it at the store, try MIO. It's a little silver bottle with flavored concentrate in it. It has no calories. You squeeze a little in water and it turns it into a flavor! I've tried only the fruit punch, but it was DEELISH! It's in the powder section (ie: Crystal Light, Koolaide)

I've seen those before and always wondered if they were good. I'll definitely have to try them now. Thanks! :-)
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the big losers this week--you all did awesome!

I didn't have access to this site yesterday but I met the veggie challenge without even knowing it! I had a huge salad with lots of veggies and grilled chicken for dinner last night. I even took the leftover salad for lunch today.

I love the tip for bagging and pre-portioning snacks and leaving them in a bowl. I am going to do that! I find I do better if I plan out my meals ahead of time.

Todays challenge is a good one. I really need to up my water intake. I always either just barely make the 8 glasses a day or am just a little under. I heard on the Dr. Oz show that drinking ice water as soon as you wake up is good way to help you burn more calories. I never think of drinking water early in the morning. I am always too busy rushing around to get ready.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    congrats t o all the big losers this week!!!!!!!! As for my snacking, I keep wasabi peas, fruits, veggies and nuts around. I weight out everything so that it matches the nutritional value for one serving, put it in a snack bag if I am taking them to work or even here at home. That way, I am not guess-tamating what I am eating.

My water intake....I have a big 32 oz mug that I fill up with water and flavor packets or lemon, lime slices and I am good to go whether it is outside to work, just around the house or running errands. Fortunatly, you can pick up water, Sobe or Propel in any Sheetz, gas station or convience station. Isn't that fabulous? No excuses for me not to get my water in for the day.
  • sunshinelubsyou
    Options
    Love love me some water, esp ice cold with crystal light! in just under a week i lost 7 pounds! can't wait till monday when i weigh in. how do you all keep ur sugars down....
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I keep a glass of water by me all day. I don't even think about it and without thinking pick it up and drink when I'm reading, trying to figure out a problem, doing research or bored. I go through about one glass on hour and don't realize its empty until I pick it up to take a sip.
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Now that I'm off for summer I have a different method for water intake.
    First thing in the morning before breakfast & workout - drink 8 oz
    At gym during workout - 40 oz
    then I keep a 32 oz mug by my side at all times, once its empty, I immediately fill it again, so thats 64 oz
    lastly 20 oz with dinner.
  • SiouxPrincess
    SiouxPrincess Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It is very hard for me to drink water, I try very hard every day. But like someone posted earlier I can drink it better when I use a straw and it is filled with ice cold water. I bought a reuseable cup with a straw and this does help me. I cannot drink it room temp, I feel nauseous, not sure if its just me or if that is nornal for some people.

I am getting better with the water, just hate having to go to the bathroom all the time especially when I have my 2 little ones and we out running errands :embarassed:
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I used to DESPISE water but now its just become the easiest thing for me to drink during the day..and its free lol As far as the iced water goes thats the only way I can really STAND to drink it is really cold but it definitely does help with the appetite!.

I did ok with the challenge yesterday and was able to incorporate some veggies in at lunch time...haven't really felt like snacking lately...been too focused on NOT going over my calories this week :)

Congrats everybody on the losses this week! woohoo!
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I guess thankfully I love water. I have since I was a kid. My wife loves water too, so generally our beverage expenditures are pretty small (no stocking up on soda every week). I think water tastes great and is very refreshing. I keep a 32 oz. cup with a straw on my desk at work that I fill at the water cooler at least 3 times during the day. Then when I'm at home I have a big cup that I keep refilling in the evening.
  • Soufsidekitho
    Soufsidekitho Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats to this week's BIGGEST LOSERS.....U ROCK! :wink:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info hun. I have been wanting a glass drinking bottle for awhile now! yay!:drinker:
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    met the water goal today.

congrats to the biggest losers this week!
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Love water. Dont know if I actually record all I drink on the site. I have at lease 96oz of luke warm water sometimes with a slice of lemon and then when my husband has coffee in the evening I have hot water with a lemon or orange slice.

Challenge met today.

Great challenge by the way. I did not always drink this much water I had to work hard and making myself get even 1 water bottle done, whereas now I drink at least 3 (32oz bottle) a day.

Have a great evening BOBers and congrats to all the Biggest Losers--Awesome Job.
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Nine glasses of water down today. Have to have it very cold or with ice in it. Trying to carry a 28 oz bottle of it where ever I go in order to get at least 8 in. Not sure how anyone does 16 glasses a day.
  • dancer_emt
    dancer_emt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yay I met the water challenge for the day!! So excited :-)
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    thursday-5.gif

(sorry its a little later than usual I was at a graduation for my baby brother and just got to a computer!)

THURSDAY – JUNE 9TH – DAY 26! – KEEP MY HANDS OUT THE COOKIE JAR!
    (We are in week 4)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK – This week we are going to focus on healthy eating!

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    Today’s challenge is to avoid the UNHEALTHY sweets! (fruit sugars is one thing, but refined sugary sweets is another!) Try to stay UNDER your totals for sugar today and don’t reach for those cookies and cakes.

MOTIVATIONAL SONG OF THE DAY
    1. COOKIE JAR – Gym Class Heros http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrjRj4uQQ1o
    2. CANDY GIRL – New Edition http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAFg2TQk9v0
    3. CANDY MAN – Christina Aguliera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ScjucUV8v0
    4. SUGAR PIE HONEY BUNCH – The Four Tops http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3bksUSPB4c&feature=related

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    When you have a craving for something sweet, what do you do to quench it? Do you have good recommendations for low sugar AND low calorie snacks that take care of your sweet tooth?
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i met the challenge for water today....woot woot...
    i tend to just stick with fruits, veggies and hummus or string cheese.....i seldom eat sweets due to my diabetes...if i do eat dessert or something i make sure i can modify it and make it so its ok for me tohave
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow candy! Cherries or strawberries! Maybe a PB and J on whole wheat bread. Mmmmm...
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I LOVE berries. Or cherry tomatoes sometimes do the trick...
    Jarrah do really tasty hot chocs which are only about 45cals made with hot water, and they don't taste watery at all :)
    The day's almost over here, the snacking time is almost past me (usually snack while I'm working, but it's almost 5pm) - so far I've avoided the sweets! I had a diet soft-drink, which I do rarely, but it filled that sweet gap.
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Another good song for today's theme:

"Can't touch this" (Regarding the sweets)

TTFN & and have a Terrific Calorie burning Thursday!