no more protein and fish

Options
I can't do it anymore!! I need to eat other meat, I want beef and pork chops, I don't want to RESTRICT my food any more... its grossing me out, salad is like popcorn .... not filling!!! Frustrated!!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Why are you only eating fish? Why aren't you eating beef and pork chops?

Why aren't you eating vegetables and oils and nuts and all kinds of other stuff?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound very sustainable for you. And yes, why aren't you eat beef if you want beef? Salad is awesome, but if you want other foods, perhaps you should eat them?
    Are you following a specific plan that makes you have fish and salads and not much else?

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Salad may not be filling, but many other veggies are. Fruit, too.

But if you need meat, eat meat! Chicken, pork chops, etc. If it's what you need, then just eat it. :)
  • breelinda
    breelinda Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Because I don't like veggies they give me gas!!Lmbo!! Seriously. .. also I have done some red meat and pork chops and have gained!! I was doing better when I was working out 2.5 hours per day and eating poultry, lots if time my calories dont even hit 1000 and I get Yelled at by my Dr. I also sometimes get dehydrated!! So trying to push the water slow down at the gym and eat different meat and bam 10 lbs gained in 2 months, I obsess so I only weigh 2 times a month
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    So stop doing that. My salads are filling, personally. But I eat like a whole bunch of red leaf lettuce or a full 120g of spinach or so at once.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    breelinda wrote: »
    Because I don't like veggies they give me gas!!Lmbo!! Seriously. .. also I have done some red meat and pork chops and have gained!! I was doing better when I was working out 2.5 hours per day and eating poultry, lots if time my calories dont even hit 1000 and I get Yelled at by my Dr. I also sometimes get dehydrated!! So trying to push the water slow down at the gym and eat different meat and bam 10 lbs gained in 2 months, I obsess so I only weigh 2 times a month

If you gained, it's because you ate more calories than you burned, not simply because you "ate some red meat".
    If you are working out 2.5 hours a day and eating less than 1000 calories, this is not enough fuel for you, so I don't blame your doctor for yelling at you.
    If you're getting dehydrated, drink more water.
    Are you counting your calories?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

The beef I had yesterday had fewer calories than the protein shake you had this morning. It sounds like you have yourself on some kind of super strict regimen and when you vary it, you go way off. You really need to find balance.

Oh, and on general principles, you should introduce SOME kind of vegetable to your diet. According to your journal, you aren't even eating these horrible salads you mention. Nor can I find the fish, for that matter.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Why are you eating less than 1000?
    Yes, if you start upping your vegetables, they can give you gas in the beginning.
    Meanwhile, they are good for you.

You've got a lot going on.
    Figure out what matters to you. Health? A number on the scale? Both?
    If it's both, then figure out how to eat like a healthy adult. Sorry if that sounds rude, but figure out how to eat like a healthy adult. That includes eating to fuel your body.

Best of luck!
  • burban00
    burban00 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Working out 2.5 hrs per day and limiting yourself to 1000 calories a day, your body is in starvation mode. So you'll see a jump in weight if you up your calories. You need to give your body time to adjust and get back out of starvation mode.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

Yes! The veggies made me a farter at first. I was ticked about the farts, but determined to eat healthy, so I figured I'd just have to live with it and maybe use some Beano. After a while, I didn't fart so much, even when I'd forget the Beano. Now, I eat loads of fruits and veggies and No Farting. (Another reason I think bodies make adjustments based on what you give them or do with them.)

The weight gain isn't from the meat. It's calories. Drop the calories low enough and you will lose. But that shouldn't mean less than 1000. If you're not weighing the food, though, you could be ingesting more calories than the log indicates and may have to drop your goal.

If you are weighing and you're sure about that 1000 calories and not losing, call the doctor. Something is up there.

Also, learn to make veggies in ways that taste good to you. If they taste good, you might not want to give up on them so easily. :)
  • breelinda
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I will try it. ;)
  • breelinda
    Options
    I love the pics of the food... thank u for that!! You don't see the fish and chicken salads because I stopped eating it! I ate it for a year! I do not want to work out for 2.5 hours at the gym, its getting to be a part time job. I do need balance, and thats why I am asking for help. Ofcoarse judgement doesn't help. I got some pretty good ideas thank u Tracolmen 99. Very much appreciated! :)
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You Can't look at spikes in weight, if you have more calorie dense food one day than another, or more fluid, your weight will spike even if you didn't actually gain fat. The only issue with red meat is moderation, have that pork chop, just don't have two or three, or if you do, make up for it by having a smaller lunch, as stated 1000 calories and 2.5 hours of working out is throwing your body out of whack. 1000 calories is 1000 calories rather that's from salad, fish, or meat when your talking weight loss specifically.
  • William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    burban00 wrote: »
    Working out 2.5 hrs per day and limiting yourself to 1000 calories a day, your body is in starvation mode. So you'll see a jump in weight if you up your calories. You need to give your body time to adjust and get back out of starvation mode.

-_- Really. No. That's not how it works. Just stop, for the love of god! Metabolism will slow, she will still lose weight but it will begin to take a toll on her body and who knows how much damage it could cause if its done long term. You should really read into this beautiful myth you discussed and know it's not true.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I scanned at random about 10 days from your diary. All contained either beef, pork or chicken. Not one contained fish. So really, this thread makes no sense.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Also, based on your diary, you either need to accept being hungry, or change what you eat, or set a slower weight loss rate as your goal. Aiming for 1200 calories per day is pretty aggressive, and there are days you are not eating even this. But there are also many days including things like cookies, pizza, cinnamon rolls, candy etc, and with your 1200 calories, this means you will be hungry. Nothing wrong with eating calorie dense treats if they fit your calorie goals. But, then either your calorie goal cannot be 1200, or you cannot dedicate that many calories to these treats, because you end up starving. Either up your calories, or change what you eat.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your portions? If you like meat and pork chops, then eat them. No need to torture yourself. 1000 calories a day isn't enough, especially if you're in the gym for 2.5 hours. Your body needs fuel for those workouts. Think of it as a lifestyle change, not a diet. If you're gaining weight it's because you're eating more than you realize. Good luck, no judgement here. :smile:
  • jodsaccount
    jodsaccount Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    While I suspect you are no longer reading your own post...its not the meats you are choosing as much as how you are preparing them. In your diary you show things like stews. Keep your meats as simple as you prepared your fish. Seasoned not combined. If you are making a stew be aware of what else you are putting in the pot.Meatloaf same thing. Better to just have ground beef and spices then loaded up with fillers. Also you might want to look at your daily sugars intake. For me,personally, I would be having some serious highs and lows if I was taking in that much sugar- might want to consider replacing some with pure proteins- nuts instead of peanut butter-apple instead of apple flavored crisp.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have been eating pork chops about once a week lately and continue to lose weight. You just have to make sure everything else balances out...

If you want red meat:
    Try grilling (my fave) or broiling flank steak: very lean and delicious when marinated. Also, if you want to stay with lean meats, try bison and venison.

My favorite foods in the world are porterhouse steak and standing rib roast. I still indulge, on occasion...because ♥! But don't have it every night because they are so calorie and fat dense, but you can still make them work. Don't deprive yourself!
  • breelinda
    Options
    I" was" working out 2.5 hours in the beginning of my weight loss per day. I cut back. Yes my diary had A Cinnamon roll on it, it was my BIRTHDAY! I will have a sucker if I am craving sweets, better then three snickers, like before. I was just saying I was getting sick of fish and chicken, my stew was beef ,broth spices, no other fillers. So possible higher in sodium nothing else. I know my calorie intake is two small some times. Thats why I said something...