Any Martial Arts Practitioners In Here?

Options
Title says it all folks. =)

For me, this journey to get my weight down and the success I've had so far has been a direct byproduct of my falling in love with the Arts. I train regularly in hard and soft systems, cultivating my character as I learn and grow. If there are any out there who are of similar philosophy, add me.

Be like water, my friends.

Replies

• Hyperion123
    Hyperion123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yup! Used to do TKD, now BJJ.
  • ApolakiKali
    ApolakiKali Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Right on. I love how TKD practitioners are so light on their feet. I'm very deeply rooted especially when considering how I carry my weight. I primarily practice JKD and FMA under the Inosanto systems. Adding you, Hype.
  • BeefyUk
    BeefyUk Posts: 2,602 Member
    Options
    Yeh TKD back in the day when I was a lot lighter.....now more MMA bag work .
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I did TKD for years before an injury made me stop. My son in law is a world champion BJJ fighter sponsored by Shoyo Roll.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    BJJ
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    krav maga!
  • carolgrn
    carolgrn Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I do not actually practice any martial arts, but love the MMA styles of workouts
    Love to kick my bag - gets in tons of cardio, helps balance and strengthens legs :smiley:
  • Back4More13
    Back4More13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wing Chun Kung Fu!
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hsing I Gung Fu - Tai Chi Chuan - Muay Thai & American Boxing from my Day
  • NYHealth
    NYHealth Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yes! Born and bred goshin-jitsu. Both my parents teach it so pretty much was unavoidable for me.
  • Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    TKD for about 15 years now. I've also trained for about a year in Muay Thai. I'm currently looking into expanding my horizons with a new martial art. Feel free to add me :)
  • WM916
    WM916 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I actually just started back in Tae kwon do two weeks ago! I figured comitting to classes and training would force me to get in shape. It's so frustrating to be so out of shape and not be able to do what I used to do bc of it.
  • Godan2b
    Godan2b Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Been doing martial arts for about 42 years. Just started BJJ at the age of 56 and LOVE it!!!!!
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I started Muay Thai with a trainer a few months ago. Really enjoying it so far!