Weighing in - How to do it?

Options
2»

Replies

• frostke
    frostke Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks everyone this was super helpful! :)
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself once a week on the same day, just to measure progress. However I don't officially record the weight as "lost" for about a month. I would suggest weighing in the mornings, after you have gone pee and before you have eaten anything. Some of us can't weigh in the mornings but you get a more accurate readings in the am.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I know this is not a popular thought (and I admit, I hated this at first) but my husband swears by daily weigh ins. Actually, he is a little off and he weighs in all the time, but I digress.

By weighing myself daily, I can see what works and what doesn't as far as my eating schedule. I know it seems neurotic (and it is), but it is working for me.

I weigh in in the morning, after potty and before eating or drinking anything.

As for measurements, I say do it!! You may not see a big difference on the scale, but the measurements may show otherwise.

Good luck!
  • notoriousgtt
    notoriousgtt Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do my weigh ins at night. I think if I do it in the morning after going to the bathroom it is kinda a false weight as I'm starving and completely empty.
    So by doing it at night after all meals etc have been eaten for the day I think it gives a more realistic impression.

Thats not to say weighing in the morning is wrong, the main point is to do it at the same time every week using the SAME SCALE that way you can accurately measure the weight loss.

As for measurements, I do them once a fortnight.
  • jetsec
    jetsec Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi and well done on your weight loss so far!

I weigh in on a Monday morning as soon as I get up. I also measured myself last night as when I did this last year I lost more inches than weight so it is a great motivator. I measure my neck, chest, waist, hips and thighs.

Good luck and if you want to add me as a friend for support please feel free.

Jayne
    x