swimming challenge November

Options
KarlaKennedy84
KarlaKennedy84 Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
looking for anyone that wants to join me in a November swimming challenge

I am challenging myself (and anyone that wants to join in) to swim 20 miles in November. That works out at 1 mile a day 4 days a week.

1 mile in a standard size (25 meter) pool is 64 lengths
Or 1280 lengths in the whole month

anyone wants to join me just comment below. I will be updating throughout the month with my progress and hope anyone joining in will do the same

Replies

• troutgulch
    troutgulch Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I swim a mile a day currently almost always. I would love to be a part of a group with a swimming focus! Laura
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    There is a pretty active swimmer's group here on MFP, look us up!
  • Hmeek22
    Hmeek22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I love to swim and have not been swimming much lately (but I did 1/2 mile this morning).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get myself to consistently swim, probably not 4 days a week as I mainly run and there are logistical issues, but I'd be interested in a challenge.
  • KarlaKennedy84
    KarlaKennedy84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    There is a pretty active swimmer's group here on MFP, look us up!

could you link the group i couldnt find anything when i had a look yesterday xx
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    IF you type 'Swimmers!' In the search bar in the groups section you should find us.....sorry don't know how to do a link, but I've double checked and this way works!
  • SwimmyD
    SwimmyD Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just got back into the pool three weeks ago. Swimming and calculating in metres. Presently going three days a week and just worked up to 2700m. Im hoping to hit 3000m on Wednesday.