Your diet friendly sweet treats?

Options

Replies

• Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've just started making chocolate pudding out of raw cacao powder and plain Greek yogurt, usually about 2-3 TBS stirred into a cup of the yogurt and sweetened with liquid vanilla stevia. If it's difficult to mix, just add a little water or skim milk. My first thought was that it wasn't bad but could never pass for chocolate pudding, but like usual, my taste has acclimated to it, and now I think it's delicious. I usually stir a couple tablespoons of it into a cut up banana, and sometimes add a couple tablespoons of whipped cream. It's a very satisfying and filling snack for less than 150 calories. You can just use half the banana to cut down on the calories. I've also dipped strawberries in the pudding, which makes a really low-cal snack.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    OMG I love Alpen bars! I wish we had that light variation...
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I prefer smaller portions of chocolate, cookies, cake, ice cream etc.

But I do like greek yogurt mixed with smaller portions of Ice cream, or with a bit of nutella or pb, or crushed cookies.

My most diet friendly sweet is probably SF gelatin. Depending on flavor, an entire prepared box is anywhere from 20-40 calories. Add a dollop of yogurt for a high protein low cal parfait.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Just about every evening I have a bowl of yogurt. I like a few of the fruit flavours, but didn't used to like the vanilla yogurt until it suddenly dawned on me that I could add things to it like chocolate and cinnamon, maple syrup and SPC fruit crush-ups, kiwi fruit and maple syrup, and all sorts of combinations. All carefully weighed out, of course.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    We have an instant pudding range available here (Moirs) which allows you to mix up a whole batch (450ml) and finish it yourself for a manageable amount of calories. I do that when I really have the need for a volume treat. If I have half it fits easily on to the end of a meal, otherwise it is the whole meal.

I am happy to skip *real* food for dessert and I do it quite often, particularly when I am feeling hormonal. The times I go over calories are when I pretend I don't want the dessert, eat the regular food first and then STILL want the dessert. Better to be honest with yourself from the start.

I am obsessed with Woolworths Pumpkin pie, which is a crustless sweetened side vegetable - not a dessert pie, but tastes as good as any chocolate or cake option to me. I can also eat 400g of it in one sitting so also a great volume option. Sometimes portion size really matters.

If I only have a teeny amount of calories available a Woolworths Diet Frozen Yogurt or a diet Hot Chocolate does the trick.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A big glass of diet strawberry drink with a scoop of strawberry whey protein blended in.
  • Sugar_Cloud
    Sugar_Cloud Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the self control to have sweet things in the house! At this point I can't but maybe one day. If I;m really desperate for something sweet I will mix 1 table spoon of nut butter with 0.5 teaspoon of pure maple syrup and a little cinnamon, very satisfying :smile:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I like oreos (47 calories each), fruit shortcake (38 calories), Neapolitan ice cream sandwich bars (106 calories), Solero Mango flavoured ice cream stick (90 calories), Fab ice lolly (85 calories)

I'm more of a crunch person so I like Popchips and Pops (around 90 calories a 25g bag) or standard Walkers crisps for around 130g

Toast and jam (around 140 calories)

I like Greek yogurt and berries and eat that daily - but mainly for the fibre and protein hit
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    My protein Protein Cookies
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    small portions of full fat stuff. QUEST BARS. They make a perfect meal replacement too
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I don't like to eat sugar so my favorite 'go too' sweet snack is Better N' Peanut Butter and Chia Fruit Spread. I like to mix them into a plain Greek yogurt. So yummy and satisfies my NEED for PB&J without added sugars, calories and/or fat :smile:
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I also love Alpen light bars. I like Rainbow Drops (they are 4 for £1 usually) it's a 32g bag and 82 calories. Hartlys Sugar free jelly pots are great, all flavours are under 10 calories a pot.
  • kmichalskirn
    kmichalskirn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yasso frozen Greek yogurt ice cream bars are delicious, especially the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor. Only 100 calories too :) My Wal-Mart carries them.
  • starssaayhello
    starssaayhello Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite that I've been hitting instead of any other treats for the last month is a cut up banana, 2tbl redi whip, 1tbl chocolate sauce, and 1/4 cup of peanuts, omg, drool..
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    All my sweet treats are diet friendly & none of them are ever a low calorie or light version of anything.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Werthers sugar free butterscotch candies. 5 for 40 calories. I can make these last for about an hour when I'm watching TV. They have chocolate flavor also. Yum!
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas in a food processor with cocoa powder and a splash of milk or non dairy milk is delicious. It seriously takes like chocolate banana ice cream.
  • anapplefortheteacher
    Options
    Berries, banana with almond butter, almond milk latte (I warm up almond milk and brew chai tea in it with a little honey)

I don't like a lot of the low cal treats, so I just use portion control and enjoy it.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Talenti gelato - a few bites usually satisfies me late at night. Cookie butter - it's 190 calories (I think) for a serving of the crunchy version, which I usually just eat off of a spoon. I don't tend to eat a full serving, though.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    small portions of full fat stuff. QUEST BARS. They make a perfect meal replacement too

If I may ask, which flavors do you like? I find them all way too sticky and cloyingly sweet for my taste.