Post your bulk macros!

Options

Replies

• andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the neverending bottomless pit. I kind of got tired of bulking it was a lot of effort and didn't really see a lot of improvement. Just on a constant binge haha

Went back to eating at a lower end now to burn some fat before returning to maintenance.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I've definitely switched up my diet staples @andyluvv since starting this bulk. I was constantly in a deficit basically because of my job (I know, awful...) but it consisted of ALOT of vegetables and low carb/ high fiber finds (breads/tortillas/cereals). Now I'm still getting in a ton of veggies and micros simply cause I enjoy them, but I eat a lot more starchy veggies and going through brown rice and oats like crazy since I started since it's cheap, easy, and lots of cals! But as much as I do love to eat, sometimes I'm like "well it's 11pm and I got a lot of macros to fill out" and be very unmotivated/ lazy to make something lol, but it's my fault for not eating them earlier. But I definitely love the increase in performance it's giving me in the gym, so I'm gonna stick with it!(:
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    sscarmack wrote: »
    I'm no where near Redwing but I'm slowly gaining weight and my strength is going up.

3,000 calories
    375-400g Carbs
    50-75g Fats
    150-175g Protein

I should actually probably up it to 3,250 tbh.

This looks similar to where I'll be once I start in Jan. Although, my protein is a bit higher
    175-190 P
    75-85 F
    370-390 C
  • paulomartinio
    paulomartinio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just hit my first macros spot on via percentage /macro but gone slightly over looking my nutrients.

Carbs Total 437 Goal 334
    Protein Total 338 Goal 260
    Fat Total 85 Goal 66
    Percentage Targets C45% P20% F35%

All all hit spot on but as you see nutrition breakdown I've gone over recommended but for bulking I feel this will be fine.

Ideas/Agree/Disagree, all welcome comments
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Just hit my first macros spot on via percentage /macro but gone slightly over looking my nutrients.

Carbs Total 437 Goal 334
    Protein Total 338 Goal 260
    Fat Total 85 Goal 66
    Percentage Targets C45% P20% F35%

All all hit spot on but as you see nutrition breakdown I've gone over recommended but for bulking I feel this will be fine.

Ideas/Agree/Disagree, all welcome comments

Your protein intake is very high. I would drop and increase carbs or fat in replace of protein. Unless your weight is 260.
  • dslogdog
    dslogdog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bulking at
    Carbs 300
    Protein 150
    Fat 75
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure mine out at the moment. .8grams of protein seems so low. I've always eaten more just because I like meat, in a deficit. I have no idea where I'm going to like my fat vs. carbs, guess it'll take a little trial and error?
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure mine out at the moment. .8grams of protein seems so low. I've always eaten more just because I like meat, in a deficit. I have no idea where I'm going to like my fat vs. carbs, guess it'll take a little trial and error?

Just make sure to hit your minimums with fats and proteins, then fill the rest of cals with carbs. Unless you prefer a higher fat diet.
  • arditarose
    Options

Just make sure to hit your minimums with fats and proteins, then fill the rest of cals with carbs. Unless you prefer a higher fat diet.

I think I'm going to like moderate fat. I'm a volume eater and my starting bulking calories won't even be that high. We'll see. Reversing now and lurking on these threads.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options

My preference is about 0.5-0.8 g/lb fat, about 0.8-1 g/lb protein, rest carbs. I really like lean meats, so this is enough fat and protein for me, and gives me plenty of carbs. I love carbs on a bulk.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    richln wrote: »

My preference is about 0.5-0.8 g/lb fat, about 0.8-1 g/lb protein, rest carbs. I really like lean meats, so this is enough fat and protein for me, and gives me plenty of carbs. I love carbs on a bulk.

Nuff said lol....
  • arditarose
    Options
    richln wrote: »

Yeah I might shoot for a little higher than .8 for protein. If I could get .5g fat I'd be really proud of myself. I'm really interested to see where I will want my carbs. I've always kind of ignored them in a deficit.
  • howyoud00in
    howyoud00in Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

So starting my lean bulk after a recomp im at 74kg 5,10 around 12% BF and starting at 2000 Kcal P190 C190 F40 Im Gonna bump up calories around 150 a week keep protein the same and go for at least 6 months. also tweak n adjust as I go. Anyone on a similar journey?
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Yeah I was on about 2000-2200 then jumped up 100 every week, and would have small re feeds once up until I hit about 2800 cals, then after that I stopped the refeed said, but kept increasing 100 weekly @howyoud00in
  • sjohnson__1
    edited October 2015
    Options

Based on your desire to eat protein, I say keep your protein around the same all the time if possible. I stay around 1-1.2xBW. Doesn't hurt.

Fats are fine to increase above minimums depending upon your eating tendencies/preferences, and your reaction to a high carb diet... if you're used to high carbs, then by all means...I have clients who have different reactions to carbs (fast acting carbs in particular) once they go over a certain threshold... Play with different fats:carbs ratios and figure out which you like best. That's all I have..

**Keep in mind these macros are much more important when in a deficit.** ENJOY ALL THE FOOD!
  • dizzler1
    dizzler1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm.hitting around 3200 sometimes 3500 and seeing how I go. Anyone done red meat in.the Morning?
    Rare steak anytime of the day or night
  • sjohnson__1
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone.

So starting my lean bulk after a recomp im at 74kg 5,10 around 12% BF and starting at 2000 Kcal P190 C190 F40 Im Gonna bump up calories around 150 a week keep protein the same and go for at least 6 months. also tweak n adjust as I go. Anyone on a similar journey?

Very similar journey... started at 2200kcal and 163lbs... up to 2550kcal increasing (now) only 50 cals/week. I've been gaining some weight though (up to 169lbs), but this is due to lack of tracking the past 4-5 weekends, and water weight, im sure... When I hit 2700, I'll stay there until I level out (on the scale) and then bump it to 2950-3000 kcals for a lean bulk.
  • arditarose
    Options

Based on your desire to eat protein, I say keep your protein around the same all the time if possible. I stay around 1-1.2xBW. Doesn't hurt.

Fats are fine to increase above minimums depending upon your eating tendencies/preferences, and your reaction to a high carb diet... if you're used to high carbs, then by all means...I have clients who have different reactions to carbs (fast acting carbs in particular) once they go over a certain threshold... Play with different fats:carbs ratios and figure out which you like best. That's all I have..

**Keep in mind these macros are much more important when in a deficit.** ENJOY ALL THE FOOD!

Thanks for the input! Yeah I will probably keep protein around 1xbw. I WANT to increase fats but honestly, I'm going to start bulking on 2100 calories. That's like how much normal people eat, and I'll still want volume at that intake. We'll see. Carbs make me feel a little blah. But I'm wondering if it's source I get them from.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    750g C
    111g F (Don't really care)
    250g P
    Ice cream, ice cream and more ice cream!
  • ogsveen
    ogsveen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
    Currently at 375/150/100 here, at 3000 kcal. Gaining slow and steady, but will be upping 100 per week until I reach 4000.
    Guess I'll aim for 200 protein, 150 fat and fill the rest with carbs.
    My no1 trick is peanuts or peanut butter, as the rest of my diet is rather low fat b/c the wifey...