Fruit Squash (UK)

Options
I find it really difficult to drink 8 glasses of straight water a day. So, recently I started having diluted (Robinson's) squash as my drinks.

Do you guys think this is sensible to do?

Replies

• susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would say the Robinsons sugar free should be no problem ,plain water can get a bit boring at times ,years ago I used to squeeze some fresh lemon and lime juice into ice cold water and sopmetimes put a strip of the zest in was lovely ,dont know why I stopped really lol .
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes! I suggest you have the no added sugar variety as that's just a few calories a glass. I hate water too and really struggle to drink the stuff if it's not flavoured. Since I switched to the Robinsons no sugar added squash I easily manage 8-10 glasses a day and it didn't hurt my weightloss efforts.

Of course it's not 'clean'... blah blah blah... But for me, having the extra few calories in squash and the sweeteners far outweighs what I was doing before, living off a can of diet coke! I must have been severely dehydrated for so long!
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    I do that as well, my fav is apple an blackcurrent. i make it very weak just to give the water a bit of flavour. Otherwise i'd only drink tea, i like redbush tea with smimmed milk and cologran sweetners they have no cals.
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hiya, yes!! i drink weakish apple and blackcurrant sugar free (blue lid) nearly every day and i ONLY drink evian water (unless i'm at the gym and dying for water then i'll refill my bottle) Robinsons is low in calories, i don't even log it, just class it as water.

good luck x Add me if you like, i'm in the UK (Berkshire)
  • michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have the cheapo no added sugar Tesco Value lemon squash with my water in the day at work - I certainly drink a lot more water with it in, so I think that fact benefits me more than the slight setback the 3 cal squash would cause.
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I'm glad I'm not the only one. I kinda felt like I was cheating doing this

K
  • NikiNooNoo
    Options
    I can drink bottled water but i also have no added sugar squash with tap water, tap water on its own is YAK!!!When your drinking so much water you really can tell the difference!!I have the Robinsons No Added Sugar but my favourite has to be Vimto No Added Sugar -250ml diluted is 4cals exactly the same as the Robinsons and in my opinion so much nicer:smile: