What could cause you to gain 7 pounds in a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Period, poop, time of day, foods high in sodium, sore muscles, whether you have long nails... (not really, but seriously, a gain of 7 pounds in one week most likely is not fat. It's scary, but temporary.)
  • mydogchloe
    mydogchloe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you were restricting your carb consumption you would have depleted your glycogen stores. When your body has a chance to restore the glycogen it requires water to do so. Some say 2-4 times the glycogen equivalent will be retained in your liver and muscles. This could be as much as 7lbs.

Do not worry.Get back on your low carb routine and those 7lbs will be first to go. Keep your chin up!

More details here: https://8fit.com/blog/glycogen-gluconeogenesis-and-water-weight/
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    How about 2.50 lb gain within 2 hours! I thought my scale went psycho.... I woke up, went potty, drank some water then went on my morning walk, came back, stripped for shower, got on scale. shazaam! Could not believe my eyes....so I attributed it to the water asorbtion back into my cells. Came off later in the week. Just crazy....so don't freak. Changes in measurements of inches, or belt buckle notches are a better sign of weight shedding.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thanks, so much, every1.