My Complete Weight loss Story (Jan 2012 - Present)

Options
In January 2012, I weighed 480 pounds. Today I weigh 210 pounds. That is a total weight loss of 270lbs in 3 years and 10 months.

I’ve gone from getting out of breath walking up a flight of stairs to running my first 5K race in 31 minutes flat and doing Crossfit everyday. I’ve gone from eating only fast food, to cooking and experiencing so many different types of foods that contribute, not take away from my health. I've gone from taking 5 blood pressure medications to 1. I’ve gone from sitting at home alone in my rocking chair, crippled by my loneliness, to praying and thanking my God daily for all of my blessings and sharing my life with the most beautiful woman in the world, my wife Jennifer Wimpee.

I wrote my entire weight loss journey in a story a couple of months back. It was very cathartic for me to do that and my friends and family have used it to inspire themselves and share it with other to help them with their similar struggles.

I am truly blessed.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Congrats :smile:
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Truly inspiring. You should be so proud.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well done Sir!
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's incredible, congrats! It's stories like this that motivate me so thanks for sharing :)
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • slava977
    slava977 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing! Your hard work paid off. No wonder you look so happy in the "after" photo :)
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I had to go back and forth a few times between the pictures to see if it was the same person!!! You look absolutely fantastic and so very happy! It's worth it!
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fan FREAKIN Tastick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for BOTH of you!!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
    Great job
  • mdwimpee
    mdwimpee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! It has truly been a hard journey, and still is, but well worth it. My wife is my biggest supporter. And all through diet and exercise only.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    This is a truly amazing and inspirational transition!!! Wow!!!! Congrats on your achievement....you look so great too!!! :)
  • lose100ali
    lose100ali Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It is very inspiring :) Congratulations!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! So inspiring! What a great job you've done :smiley:
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, what a transformation! Your wife is very beautiful and you both look so happy.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    *speechless* <3
  • Katiekate64
    Katiekate64 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Holy moly, like above I am speechless, it looks fabulous on you!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!