SIGH.....

Options
Please help my MFP pals..I've been working out for 5 weeks straight now and have only lost 1 pd...Yes my clothes feel different but it's getting really frustrating...I need some support and any ideas or suggestions you got...I've got HBP and I'm on 2 different kinds of meds plus water pill, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it...I've talked to my doc about it and he just says keep doing what your doing....SIGH PLEASE HELP!!!!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    While exercise is excellent, and an important part of good health, it's your nutrition that will untimately determine fat loss. Focus on that and you'll succeed.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    great job on working out. What are you eating? the reality to losing weight is paying attention to what we eat. Are you logging?
  • TWEETIE19
    TWEETIE19 Posts: 54
    Options
    I really watch what I eat and log everyday....
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can make your food diary public so we can see it. Maybe some will have suggestions on what to do in the food dept. Stick with it!!! You can do it!
  • Antonnett
    Antonnett Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hello,

I think some things you can try is working out in the morning. Better working out in the morning b/c you burn more fat since you haven't eaten yet. Also make sure you're eating at least 5-6 meals a day, about every 3 hours to keep your metabolism in order. Stay away from processed foods and try to prepare most of your meals. Also the type of exercise your doing could be a factor. Us women tend to do good when we combine cardio with strength training, I suggest getting some of The FIRM workouts. They're sold in Target and Walmart stores.
  • stbrown
    stbrown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The guys are right...exercise alone will only get you frustrated...70% of losing weight is your nutrition...

Have a really good look at what you are eating...5 or 6 small meals a day is best...with some protein at each meal...try not to eat starchy carbs (potato etc) after 4pm...eat lots of veges, especially of a night and a big green salad once a day...

Remember you want to make a lifestyle change not a short term one otherwise you will just go back to your old weight in the future...

Hang in there and let me know if I can help in any way...

Steve...
  • TWEETIE19
    Options
    I changed my settings to public.....Thanks for your input.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Please help my MFP pals..I've been working out for 5 weeks straight now and have only lost 1 pd...Yes my clothes feel different but it's getting really frustrating...I need some support and any ideas or suggestions you got...I've got HBP and I'm on 2 different kinds of meds plus water pill, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it...I've talked to my doc about it and he just says keep doing what your doing....SIGH PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi,

How much do you have to lose? because this can play a part in how much you should aim to lose weekly.
    I looked at your diary, and since Sunday you've been mostly under 1200.... which is too low to keep your metabolism running efficiently.

Have a read of the link in my signature (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics) to make sure you have set your goals correctly.

it sounds strange to a lot of people - but you really do need to eat more to lose more..... the right amount of food for your body will get your metabolism working efficiently - which is what burns the calories.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary and you need to eat your calories. I don't think you are eating enough. You will not lose unless you eat.
  • jetsec
    jetsec Posts: 79
    Options
    I agree with the above hun, you are not eating anywhere near enough. You are doing loads of exercise, drinking your water but your body isn't getting enough calories.

((((Hugs))))

x
  • floatylight
    Options
    You say your clothes feel different so perhaps you have actually lost body fat, but as you are working out a lot you have gained muscle mass (which actually weighs more than fat per square inch).

Try logging your measurements aswell as your weight so you can see your results there, you may have lost inches around your waist etc.

Also, you could try checking your % body fat on a set of special scales (available from most stores selling scales these days).

As long as your body fat is decreasing and your body is becoming more toned and slender then you're on the right track. If you are only logging your weight then you might be missing the achievements you are actually making.

Hope this helps :)
  • TWEETIE19
    Options
    Thank you all for all your support, I'm not giving up.... :drinker:
  • TWEETIE19
    Options
    I havn't measured myself yet, I will do that today... :)
  • es0torok
    es0torok Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but I have a suggestion regarding your exercise program. You might consider increasing the reps at a lower weight. In other words, instead of 3 sets of 15 reps at 25 lbs, do 3 sets of 20 reps at 20 lbs.

I didn't notice if you are doing any cardio. I HATE cardio, but it is essential. I am able to tolerate it by mixing it into my strength routine. I start my workout with 10 minutes on the tread-climber, then stop and do one set of weights.. then 3 more minutes of tread-climber, another set of weights.. etc. Instead of the rest period between sets, I do the 3 minutes of cardio. There is no "sit down and take a break" during my workouts.

Make sure you log your food right after you eat. I also have a tendency to forget all the little things I slip in (like mini tootsie rolls, etc) or maybe the cheese I put on my taco. Those little items tend to add up quickly.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are starving yourself. Your body cannot live on 1000 calories a day, especially if you are working out.

EAT!! Give your body the fuel it needs and it will repay you by letting go of the fat!
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    In the two weeks I've really not lost anything BUT In the last two weeks i've lost 2 inches off my hips and and 1 1/2 inches off my upper thighs. So it's super important to measure if you need to motivation of seeing constant results!!!