Weight GAIN

Options
Troll
Troll Posts: 922 Member
I know, totally out of place!

I am successful because i gained 15 lbs.

Let me give you some background: I was anorexic/bulemic for almost ten years. I made a serving of saltine crackers last two days and if i ate more than that, i either ran miles and miles late at night or did cardio until i blacked out. My whole world revolved around when i could chug my next energy drink or cup of coffee (you think YOU'RE addicted to caffiene? I had energy gum and SOAP. WHO DOES THAT?). I was consuming enough of the stuff to take down a bull elephant. I was always grouchy, and "normal" for me was to shake so hard people thought i was having a seizure. At my own high school graduation (i was 50 people behind the first to walk in a class of 80...didn't take long) i had to sit down in the hallway while waiting to walk because i just couldn't hold myself up (agaisnt a wall) anymore. My grad party was with family at a pizza place. I ate the cheese off the top of two slices and threw up in the parking lot afterwards, because i felt like a pig.

I tried working out seriously, but because of my lack of food i never could do much.

I finally realized when my mom (Nukebhs83) went to the hospital that we had to stop.

I weigh 107.5 now and can curl 40lb dumbells and do 15 pullups with a 40 lb weight vest on (look, ma-not feet on the bar!)

Success doesn't always have to be counted in pounds lost, because i am proud of the weight i hav egained!

Replies

• Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The great thing about this site is that it's for all ranges of people who want to be healthy. That is a great triumph and I wish you the best of luck in continuing on the journey!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Given your story I can see that this is a huge success for you. Well done for developing a healthier relationship with food and giving your body what it needs.
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is a wonderful, inspiring story. Good for you for getting back to healthy!
  • heatherseona
    heatherseona Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WTG!! Be proud of your self. :smile:
  • SSawney
    SSawney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am so very proud of you! I have a friend that struggles with her eating all the time, so I know how exhausting and difficult that can be. I also know that people can be very cruel and not realize that it is equally hard for people struggling with being under weight, and it's not just over weight people that need the support and love. Congrats on getting your life turned around very happy to hear of your achievements!
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • moniew24
    moniew24 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you have faced your fears and overcame them. You should be so proud, we are!!!!!
  • Keri_girl
    Keri_girl Posts: 44
    Options
    I have to take a moment to congradulate you on your struggle and success! I can't even imagine what it was you went through or the heart ache you endured in order to turn your life around. I do know that this will be a lifelong struggle for you. You are an inspiration to me simply because like all of us you are doing what you need to do to be healthy.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing victory! Congratulations on becoming a healthier person!
    Also -- I am SERIOUSLY impressed by your strength! Wow!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!! I too had a short go round with bulimia so I know how horrible that is. Be extremely proud of yourself, you have earned if!
  • beau8
    beau8 Posts: 20
    Options
    That is incredible, you have shown such strength through your adversity. GREAT STUFF!!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    :happy: Sounds like you're making healthy changes to your life! Way to go!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story - it's truly inspiring. Glad for you that you're gaining a healthy relationship with food.
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    i am trolls mom. i never knew she was struggling with this like she was. she had always been tiny and wore baggy clothes so i never knew that underneath it all she was pretty much a skeleton. i feel horrible about it--i cant believe i didnt see all of this. thank all of you for your encouragement and support to her.

KELSI: YOU ARE MY REASON FOR GETTING UP IN THE MORNING. YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION EVERY DAY. I COULDNT DO ANYTHING WITHOUT YOU. YOU HAVE HELPED ME MORE THAN I WILL EVER BE ABLE TO TELL YOU AND EVEN THOUGH I COMPLAIN BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO DO ANOTHER PUSHUP, LUNGE, BEAR CRAWL, ETC YOU "SWEETLY" ENCOURAGE ME TO DO JUST ONE MORE. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO. I AM SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU BOO BEAR.

LOVE YOU BUNCHES
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You are completely amazing for wanting to help yourself get better!!! You should be proud that you are becoming the healthy person that your body needs you to be!! And also for providing your mum with the inspiration she needs too...

Well done and congratulations!!! Hope you can post an update further down the track :)
  • suchecm
    suchecm Posts: 23
    Options
    Congrats! You should be very proud of yourself. :smile:
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hooray! good for you. Such a huge accomplishment. You should feel so proud of yourself! Your moms words totally made me cry!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Not at all out of place! YAY YOU! I'm happy for you, and you definitely should be proud of yourself. :) Eating disorders are a HUGE hurdle, and you are well on your way to recovery! GO YOU! :happy:

And to her mom: don't feel guilty about not noticing. Feel proud that you are so supportive NOW. You seem like you really care about your daughter, and that unfortunately doesn't happen often enough. I hope I can be so supportive of my children as they grow up. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!