Getting there. Almost 30kg down

Options
Hello MFP friends!

I haven't reached my goal weight yet, which is 55-57kg, but for the first time in my life i start to see the person beneath the "fat suit".
I've been overweight my whole life, but my weight reached it's highest about 4-5 years ago. I was 100+ kilos at my peak.
3 years ago i made an effort to lose weight and i reached 88kilos, which i maintained untill this summer, when suddenly i decided to change my life.

I started using MFP daily, making sure that i eat the right ammount of calories. Since that day (beggining of August this year) i lost 15 more kilos and now i am 73 and going. I now feel that my metabolism is working properly, my scale numbers only go down, i don't binge anymore, and i feel so much better.

I'm one of those people that can't notice any difference, you could say i suffer from body image dysmorphia and it wasnt until recently that i noticed a change.

In the before pic i'm around 90kg, the after one is me at 73.
I have still a long way to go, but i'm excited and happy about what's there to come.

Thank you for reading!

sme77e1o2sog.jpg

Replies

• Datarn
    Datarn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You are to be congratulated!!
  • v_cowley
    v_cowley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Well done to you for working so hard and getting closer to what you want :)
  • RainbowInTheDark
    RainbowInTheDark Posts: 37 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thank you both for your sweet comments <3

I should probably add that i'm 167cm tall (5ft5-5ft6 i believe), i'm not going to the gym or anything, although i want to start, and i am 28 years old.
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference! You look fantastic!
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, keep it up!! :)
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    Thank you for the support guys, mfp has such a lovely community!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Looking good, your more than getting there, your nailing it!
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    Looking good, your more than getting there, your nailing it!

Thank you SO SO much!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Love the outfit in the 2nd pic! So cute ^_^ Glad you found something that works for you! Keep up the great work!
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    Love the outfit in the 2nd pic! So cute ^_^ Glad you found something that works for you! Keep up the great work!
    Aw, thank you so much :D
    First time i've ever felt confident enough to wear something short, and it made me so happy i nearly cried ^^
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Way to GO!!! So very happy for your great success!!!
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    LisaPrust wrote: »
    Way to GO!!! So very happy for your great success!!!

Thank you Lisa!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    Keep up the good work

Thank you, will definetely do ^^
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    Since most of you don't use the metric system, thought i'd update in pounds.

Starting weight: Around 220-225lbs
    Current weight: 159 lbs
    Goal weight: 125 lbs
    Height: 5 ft 5,7
  • MarietjieHoward
    MarietjieHoward Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great job hun... you have the same goal as me want to be between 55 -57kg, I started at 81.1kg at the end of August and is now 73kg, have to say you lost the weight it a lot faster than I did, would love to see your food diary.
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    Great job hun... you have the same goal as me want to be between 55 -57kg, I started at 81.1kg at the end of August and is now 73kg, have to say you lost the weight it a lot faster than I did, would love to see your food diary.
    Aw, thank you :smiley:
    Well, i was one of those people that would never pay attention to what they consume, i was drinking many coffee's with lots of sugar, i was drinking many sodas, i would eat junk food and basically every fattening food there is. And my portions were pretty large. When i started, i instantly started eating extremely healthy, and even though i hit a plateau for about 2 weeks, my weight started dropping like crazy after that.

My diet mainly consists of veggies and salads, i eat white meat twice a week, always boiled, and i eat fish often as well. As far as dairy goes, i only eat greek yoghurt (0%-2%) or cottage cheese (2%) and in moderation when i do, and i'm drinking hazelnut or coconut milk. I eat tons of legumes but i'm being really carefull about my portions since some legumes have high calories. All my meals are boiled or baked, i don't fry anything. I also don't eat white pasta/white bread/rice/potatoes, i do eat whole grain pasta once a week maximum. I also try to not eat or snack after 8pm.

My diet is not perfect, and i'm fairly new to nutrition, so there is a high chance i'm doing many mistakes, but so far this have worked for me.

Also, something i noticed that it helped me is that i drink a cup of green tea every night, it's supressing my apetize for night snacks and they say it also helps boost your metabolism (correct me if i'm wrong).

Feel free to ask me any questions, i will be more than happy to answer!

• RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    Weighed my self today, and i'm at 71.9
    2more kilos and i hit my first big goal, healthy normal BMI!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!! Love the houndstooth coat too!
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    An update:
    At 69 kilos atm [152pounds] and finally on a healthy BMI!
    Went from Severely Obese to NORMAL and i'm so proud of my self!

I will update with new pictures, even if it's only 4 more kilos since the pic posted, i noticed a huge difference!
    Still not at my final goal of 57, but i hit my first goal which was normal BMI.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!