Fitbit app sync issue? with calories eaten

Options
after the most recent update I have had a few days where the Fitbit and mfp calories eaten do not match up, when I check the detail in fit bit it has recorded extra calories eaten that are not in mfp ( noticed when copying foods from recent and editing the amounts), fit bit appears to be adding the same amounts twice ! In the same meal slot. Is there any way other than deleting all food in fit bit on the web for the day and re entering to correct this ?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    It's a bug. Erase the double meal in Fitbit, and erase any double adjustment in MFP.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • AnaCoelho14
    AnaCoelho14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue and I'm tired of keeping deleting multiplied meals .... Hopefully they will sort this issue fast :/
  • sweetiepie781
    sweetiepie781 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just had the same issue the last 2 days !
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Same here, it was only the last two days (and this morning). I'm sure they'll fix it soon :)
  • JewelLeValley
    JewelLeValley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yep according to my Fitbit I ate just over 12,000 calories yesterday. I hope the fix the bug soon.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Hahaha me too. That beats my 8000 calories yesterday.
  • instigater
    instigater Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For now I am going into my Fitbit app and manually deleting the extra or wrong calorie numbers. On my phone app just touch and hold the entry and it will ask you if you want to delete. Annoying I know but until they get it fixed it's working.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    From the MFP Help pages...
    Food calories from MFP to Fitbit is duplicated

October 21, 2015
    Hello folks,

We are investigating an issue where some member's calories are being sent over to Fitbit erroneously. Users may see one of two behaviors. The first being, your MyFitnessPal entries getting logged multiple times in the Fitbit dashboard. With the second, you would see the same number of entries in Fitbit, however, the calories appear to be compounding with each entry.

We have a good idea what may be causing the problem and we are working diligently to get a fix in place as efficiently as possible. We greatly appreciate your patience during this process.

MyFitnessPal Support
    Reference:
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2169271-food-calories-from-mfp-to-fitbit-is-duplicated
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've been I'm the red two days on Fitbit. Glad to hear they're working on it.